Re: Darkness and dirtiness.

by PraetorOfOlea

Original Post

Darkness and dirtiness.

★★ Guide

Since Olympus has been out and we've seen (In my opinion) the peak of map design, I think the other two maps would benefit greatly with some lighting changes. Having not played on WE in a while, the contrast between the bright Olympus and the dark and grimey WE and KC, I think both of those maps could be uplifted rather easily with less harsh shadows (especially WE). KC grew on me in season 8 and I love all the new areas. A lot of area I hated before were wiped out. I think the map just needs a very slight lighting tweak to bring it up to spec with Olympus.
On WE, there are many harsh contrasting shadows because of the storm in the sky. It makes this map look terrible. I think it could look really good if it were given a bright sunny day look. As of now, I hate playing on WE.

Add your opinions here. What do you like/dislike about each map and why?

Message 1 of 2 (244 Views)

Re: Darkness and dirtiness.

★★ Guide

Worlds Edge is actually having a lot of lighting issues. Currently there are spots where people and items are showing as black silhouettes. This is a problem that needs to be addressed asap. The dark area in the void bubble in Olympus is great and is dark correctly. Please work on WE's lighting.

Message 2 of 2 (215 Views)