World's Edge is absolute trash.

by nejackso1

Original Post

Re: DELETE WORLDS EDGE

★★★★ Guide
@harryBOTer2 They're not going to delete a map. Some players like one, others like the other. By deleting a map, they would be making a lot of players angry and getting rid of a large amount of their extremely small playerbase.
Message 11 of 41 (1,010 Views)

★★★ Novice

they got rid of big chunk of their player base by increasing pressure on camping and sniping play style trough adding and buffing sniper rifles and adding that campy boring open space map. 2% are happy 15% left, rest is unhappy but willing to cope. People ware drawn to Apex legends by its fast paste and thus most of the players here prefer it so. For sneaky type players there are games like cs, valorant or pubg. It would be good if developers would realize what kind of players are playing their game instead of trying to mimic other slow games to steal their players. Its better to keep your own.

Message 12 of 41 (981 Views)

Nobody likes worlds edge.

★★★ Newbie

Seriously why does worlds edge get more time to play than kings canyon? I literally get off apex whenever worlds edge is the map. Either change how the maps rotate or make them selectable. I hate worlds edge.

Message 13 of 41 (892 Views)

Re: Nobody likes worlds edge.

★★★ Guide
@irish_kimble its not all bad of a map sure it could use a huge update but still its not all bad
Message 14 of 41 (836 Views)

Re: Nobody likes worlds edge.

★ Guide
@irish_kimble Well you might not like worlds edge but I do. There is no such thing as a map that nobody likes.
Message 15 of 41 (784 Views)

World's Edge is absolute trash.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

World's Edge is an absolute disgrace. It's too big, there are too few balloons, the loot is absolutely awful, the engagements feel horrible, and perhaps most important, the sound design IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH to design the buildings the way they have. 

1) Map size needs reduced by approximately 30%. I understand that this map was designed for longer range engagements. Absolute and utter failure. You have two options. You hot drop into fragment or one of the other two areas of the map where there's any activity, or you drop out on the sides and see no one until there's 3 squads left. Someone told me once that the dev team claimed that they play the game an hour per day minimum. If this dev team plays this game for even 5 minutes per day and thinks this map is a success, they should immediately resign their employment.

2) If the map is going to remain the same size (frankly, a shocking decision if it does) there needs to be about 12 more balloons on the map. There are far, far, far too many areas of wide open space and places where people can just stand on cliffs. Unless you happen to have found the right gun, usually a miracle since the loot is trash in 99% of the games, you can't contest these horrible trashcans camping the top of a cliff.

3) and 4) If you do choose to drop in a more populated area, you know.. so you'll see a living soul before there's only 3 squads left, your survival is essentially complete RNG. If you're lucky enough to pick up one of the three guns in the five square mile area you'll likely win your first engagement without much trouble. However, you'll then be third, fourth, and fifth partied until eventually you're just completely overwhelmed and you die. To top off how awful the engagements feel on this map, the sound is so awful that typically the fourth or fifth party squad is on top of you before you hear a single footstep. Nearly every engagement that takes place in any area except the far perimeter of the map results in multiple third parties and, of course, usually you have little or no health/shields because again, the loot is awful.

5) This is an issue that has plagued this game since release. They have designed buildings, specifically in fragment but also Skyhook and some other areas of the map, that are multiple stories. Yet it's near impossible to determine where the enemy is. You might hear someone running around above you and all of the sudden they're right next to you. It's shameful. The sound design just isn't good enough to support building design like this. I understand that the devs aren't all that interested in fixing or improving the sound, but at least don't design maps around a broken system. 

I'm not suggesting deleting World's Edge. Just rebuild it from the ground up using a team that is not the team that thinks this map is acceptable now. Preferably terminate those individuals' employment as soon as possible.

EDIT: I'm confused why it's not a consideration for the devs to stagger the map rotation between duos and trios. It may be a hardware issue or difficult for the serves to handle for some reason, but to me this solves a lot of issues. If it's not a limitation of the server that is preventing this from happening, it leads me to believe that the devs know that the vast majority of the player base would prefer one map over the other.

Message 16 of 41 (1,113 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@harryBOTer2 😂 Wolds
Message 17 of 41 (881 Views)

Re: World's Edge is absolute trash.

★★ Novice

Somebody hire this kid as head developer please 

Message 18 of 41 (1,061 Views)

★ Guide
@nejackso1 Well I just made a post about this and I said in it if you were to remove a map and in this case change the map drastically people are going to be mad. Just because you like short ranged fights doesn’t mean others do. I have a friend who if you give him a sniper in any game he will wreck the lobby. In some cases I do agree with you like the jump towers. This is the bigger map so it should have more of these as the ring will be farther away. I think the main reason most building look the same is because they don’t want people to go to skyhook and have to load in like 57 different types of building that all look completely different. It would just cause to much lag. I think in both maps there should be a couple more places to land to get loot, but I suggest maybe making the places that are close to the middle have low tier to mid tier loot but on the outside of map the loot should be mid to high tier. This way people would land far away so they can come out with purple shields, but people who landed middle might have bad loot but now they have ring on you. This would a kinda drastic change, but it may work to have most places with people to fight.
Message 19 of 41 (1,048 Views)

★ Guide

I think there's a difference between "wanting all short range fights" and suggesting that there's too many places on World's Edge where the fight is simply unwinnable because you don't have the loadout to challenge anyone. It's not as simple as saying I'll pick up a sniper rifle every time I see one. Take into account the fact that the loot table is awful and you're not likely to get a sniper rifle early on at all. 

Not every engagement has to be short range - but I think it's ridiculous how many games come down to someone sitting 300 meters in the air with a sniper rifle and the other teams have nothing they can do.

Message 20 of 41 (1,013 Views)