Re: Burned Wasteland / Shattered Forest - Waste of Opportunity

by Cabowse

Original Post

Burned Wasteland / Shattered Forest - Waste of Opportunity

★★★ Apprentice

I believe in theory the idea of a burnt wasteland seems like a viable and fun option. But so far, after countless hours of playing, these places appear to be a wasted opportunity.

Unless the circle is there, alot of players avoid these places as much as possible once they are looted. They just aren't fun to play in - it's a dead forest afterall. The problem is, it takes up a HUGE space of the map which could have otherwise held buildings or better fun spots.

Please consider revamping or overhauling this area to make it more fun to play in. 

Message 1 of 5 (742 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree there's definitely wasted area on the map especially with this area... it maybe for a reason though to give them a good area for a map update in the future... 

Message 2 of 5 (718 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Agreed; there isn't enough loot in or near shattered forest, and the cliffs segment this part of the map too clinically.

Compared to the similarly open dunes around runoff/airfield/bunker, shattered forest is also much larger and overlooked on almost all sides.

I'd like to see that whole area revisited; relay/wetlands/shattered forest/hydro dam/two spines/swamps all need to flow more naturally into one another

Message 3 of 5 (626 Views)

Champion

I feel like this area would really benefit from natural persistent smoke coming from various points, similar to Bangalore's. Would really add an interesting dimension to this area!

Maybe some new underground caverns with some nice loot in too?

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 4 of 5 (565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The shattered forest should constantly be on fire and billowed in thick smoke like the Apex legends trailer.

Message 5 of 5 (425 Views)