Re: Buildings. And their Current Design

by frostysniper1942

Original Post

Buildings. And their Current Design

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

We have certainly had a lot happen to Kings Canyon as events occur and areas are built up, destroyed, and re-built again. But it's been notable that buildings certainly look very different throughout World's Edge and Kings Canyon. Now ofcourse, the two Maps are separate. World's Edge seeming to house more "Industry" and perhaps house more "High-class" folk in it's cities; While Kings Canyon seemed to house a more "low-class" society.

But getting back on point. If I remember correctly, some of the "old buildings" actually had to be "nerfed" (crazy I know) because there were areas were players could reliably punish enemies that were inside. They could shoot through the little cracks. Now, it seems like there's been a pattern of using more "refined", "box"-like buildings that are easy to navigate through. Matter of fact, there are NO "shack"-like buildings found on World's Edge at all. (As mentioned before, I'm fine with this because of Lore reasons.)

Perhaps it's just me, but I do like the "gritty" feel of those old buildings. Yes they were re-used in multiple areas throughout Kings Canyon, but they always felt "out-of-the-way" or abandoned. Perhaps these newer style of buildings are more "reliable"?

I'm not saying I'd like those same "ramshackle" buildings to be used again and again- even in future, possible, Maps; But perhaps feel open to using less "geometrically-correct" buildings all the time, ya know? 

Message 1 of 2 (350 Views)

Re: Buildings. And their Current Design

★★★ Guide
@StarMystro i agree if u just use the same type of building over again it just basically isn't that good of a map also i agree i love the old gritty shacks
Message 2 of 2 (269 Views)