Re: Anyone else find the new map changes 'unfair' for the big guys?

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Anyone else find the new map changes 'unfair' for the big guys?

★★★ Pro

I think I explored the new areas long enough to notice one thing in common, they're mostly wide open with very little cover and even less if you're Gib or Caustic which sucks because I enjoy these two more than the meta ones (even though I have like 20 kills with Gib) and getting sniped by someone while running around like a headless chicken looking for anything to hide behind is not a fun experience. Also being shortsighted doesn't help either since I'm limited to CQC most of the time but that's a personal problem and nothing they can do about. Since they made it clear "kings canyon will never be the same" I doubt I can count on some of the old buildings returning but in future I hope they take low mobility characters into consideration when making these changes, thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (531 Views)

★★ Pro
@Pretzelnutcake It does feel a bit like everything is either long range or no range to me. The mid-range game isn't as present. Ring isn't helping with that either.

It's early days though and I'm willing to give the map a go. I prefer the old one so far but I expected that to be honest.
Message 2 of 6 (505 Views)

Community Manager

To be fair, there seems to be a lot more buildings now where Caustic can be utilized. I've actually noticed a lot of spots around the map where if you get behind a structure and aim with Gibraltar you can cover your lower body while the shield is still up.

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 6 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

No just no, there has been too many updates to Gib or Caustic, at this point they should be removed for taking up so much time to fix.

• Fortified [ Gibraltar, Caustic ]
    • Damage reduction increased: 10% -> 15%
    • Fortified Legends are now immune to slow effects from weapon fire.

Not only does these 2 heros gain more reduction, They gave the most played heros

Low Profile [ Wraith, Lifeline, Pathfinder ]
      • Low Profile increases incoming damage by 5%.
      All fat heros should be removed, this is getting silly.
Message 4 of 6 (482 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Popa2caps I can guarantee you that 15% DR doesn't do * to help them, or it's bugged on Caustic somehow because I feel like I'm dying a LOT faster than before and no it's not the new hopups either. Example, we dropped in artillery and I landed on a lv1 shield and a R99, good right? Well the Octane that landed next to me deleted me so fast with a Prowler or Hemlock (it was burst, didn't have time to see the weapon even) all I had time to do was aim down sights and boom, I'm dead
Message 5 of 6 (470 Views)

Community Manager

@Popa2caps wrote:

• All fat heros should be removed, this is getting silly.

There are no plans to remove them and they are THICC, not fat.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 6 (461 Views)