Betreff: Adjusting the map geometry with the release of Valkyrie

by Peri_Longbow_plz

Original Post

Adjusting the map geometry with the release of Valkyrie

You can reach a lot of places rather easily now with Valkyrie. She can fly on top of a lot of places like over walls in Olympus, on top of the phase runner and many other similar places. The problem is that the geometry of these places have a push zone, meaning you will be shoved off when you stand on them. Which has cost me my life twice now. So, obviously you don't want people to go to these places, which is why we have the "Out of bounds" countdown. We can't stay in these places for long either way. So pushing them off is - in my opinion - too punishing.

I'd suggest to adjust the geometry of these places that if your jetpack fuel runs out before you can reach the other side safely, you're not gonna be shoved off into your death. The countdown is enough of a prevention to make people sit up there for too long.

Message 1 of 3 (254 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i suggest something completely different.

learn the limits of valk and do not land there. problem solved.

Message 2 of 3 (236 Views)

@Triumphkutter I see someone dislikes Valkyrie a lot already. Don't worry darling, I understand where you're coming from. I dislike the mobility meta of this game as well.

That doesn't change the fact that it doesn't make sense to have certain places allow you to stand on them, others push you off, despite both giving you the same 'advantage'. You can stand on the phase runner, but you can't stand on a sizable ledge? Both are places you're not supposed to reach, yet both behave significantly different. It's called consistency and you could reach the places with Pathfinder as well.
Message 3 of 3 (234 Views)