Re: 10+ Maps??

by Josh200112

Original Post

10+ Maps??

★ Novice

I feel as if Respawn should focus on being unique and being the first Battle Royale to offer 10+ playable maps for a unique experience everytime you drop into the game. If they had a whole bunch of maps and kinda like Halo/call of duty where you vote on a map, I think that'll bring back some nostalgia and some dope games; but of course, it has to be unique in some way where people don't say "they're copying" Or "they're not being original"

Message 1 of 10 (1,224 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
In games like these it's important that you get to know the large map. What are the spots for better loot, where are the hiding spots or the best ways to get somewhere. If you get 10+ maps of this size it's too hard to learn all those things. Even if they introduce them one at a time it will be too hard for newbies to get in the game and keep playing. So I don't think a BR-game will do this.
Message 2 of 10 (1,166 Views)

Champion (Retired)
It's more important to me that if they add new maps they are quality over quantity.
Message 3 of 10 (1,105 Views)

★ Pro

New maps are a must. They set a new standard for this type of genre. They shouldn’t stop now. 

Message 4 of 10 (1,089 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Considering that there are 'multiple' planets as was said by the producer I wouldn't be surprised if the maps would get switched up over time.  I personally hate playing the same field over and over.  Might be difficult from a technical standpoint though with servers?  I'm not an expert on map loading.

Message 5 of 10 (1,079 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MansToooLit wrote:

I feel as if Respawn should focus on being unique and being the first Battle Royale to offer 10+ playable maps for a unique experience everytime you drop into the game. If they had a whole bunch of maps and kinda like Halo/call of duty where you vote on a map, I think that'll bring back some nostalgia and some dope games; but of course, it has to be unique in some way where people don't say "they're copying" Or "they're not being original"

Even if not 10 or more maps, but people definitely want 3-5 maps at least every 6-12 months. Having a single map will work only in the first month than player number (interest) will fall... and on EA Apex roadmap for 2019 there is no new map mentioned only othr things. Maybe they would develop a new map only if they see that we already paid 250k USD for coins...?

While I must acknowledge that this single map is the most sophisticated and detailed, nicest map I have ever seen in games. BF5 map with the cathedral (Devastation?) matches this quality. Yeah, so quality matters but one single map will not last too long....

Message 6 of 10 (1,035 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@theWonderChris wrote:
It's more important to me that if they add new maps they are quality over quantity.

Totally. I am amazed by the quality and graphics of this map and game. Especially with Ambient Occulsion high in 4K. But yeah one single map will not last forever....

Message 7 of 10 (1,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with more maps. However quality over quantity and it is very important to learn each map so dumping 10 maps in one go would not be a good idea in my opinion. However, a new map every season for the first year would be something I would get behind.

Message 8 of 10 (986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I agree that this map is extremely great the exact way it is so let’s keep it. I would love to see them establish new maps but not to many perhaps 3 permanent maps but I wouldn’t be too happy to see them change the map slowly over time like they do Fortnite. Instead let’s get creative and establish 2 more maps but not at the same time. Maybe every year is even fine with me. But let’s stay with original for sure. Maybe even 5 maps but every year a new ones released but I wouldn’t suggest exceeding 5 maps. If 5years seems long then release them every 6months. But like I said let’s not do anything to the original.

Message 9 of 10 (719 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@MansToooLit I think 10+ is too much for a br game because you have to get to know the map but 1 or 2 more maps would be nice
Message 10 of 10 (654 Views)