Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Suggestion] provide a MUT calendar

by Neo_Novalis

Original Post

[Suggestion] provide a MUT calendar

In the last years it was very difficult for me to keep track of when which promo starts or ends, how long House Rules events last (including the exact deadline), how many days are actually available to complete a number of daily missions for reaching an objective of a promo, etc. Sometimes, published deadlines or release dates had been confusing or inconsistent too (e.g. a few events (e.g. House Rules) ended a few hours or a day earlier than announced). 

I'd therefore like to suggest a MUT calendar. This calendar should show

• all announcements as soon as they are published in any official EA channel (e.g. via Twitter, Good Morning Madden, etc.)
  • all information about start and end date of weekly (or recurring) events, such as Weekend League, Solo Battles, Solo Challenges (e.g. Ultimate Legends), etc.
  • all exact deadlines, time frames or release dates for promos (at least as soon as they are published)
  • ... did I miss something?

I guess it is sometimes difficult for the dev team to publish announcements early since most likely they are often still working on new content  just before it is released. Committing early might therefore be risky. I'd therefore suggest to distinguish between confirmed and uncertain announcements (i.e. "to be confirmed") in the calendar. This distinction could be made visible using colour codes or shortcuts (e.g. "tbc").

Furthermore, changes should be documented somewhere allowing players to recognize them if these changes of previously announced dates/deadlines are made in the calendar.

I'm not exactly sure how I would implement such a MUT calendar. I'm wondering whether a MUT calendar is feasible within the AHQ forum framework. My first guess would have been to show the MUT timeline / calendar in the main post of a thread (or alternatively in the "accepted solution") and make use of responses within the thread to log changes and to allow players pointing out missing, inconsistent or unclear information. The downside of the AHQ forum environment is the text-focused format. There exist definitely better formats to present a calendar. Therefore, if using the AHQ forum for the MUT calendar, it might be an option to work with attachments showing the deadlines in a more calendar-based format. I would be very grateful for suggestions on how such a calendar could/should best be designed, so that both editing and updating remains simple, but at the same time clarity and usefulness for the community is ensured. Does anybody know best practice examples from similar contexts (e.g. other games)?

Finally, the most important question: how to gather the necessary information to fill the calendar? I'm willing to contribute to such a calendar but I would definitely need support to keep it constantly up to date. From my perspective, besides accuracy and completeness, timeliness is the most important aspect for such a calendar to be useful for the community. Therefore, it would be great if multiple players (?) could work together to ensure that new information is incorporated into the calendar in a timely manner. Even better, of course, would be support from the community managers but I don't want to presume to burden them with additional work that may be outside their primary job description.

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 1 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: [Suggestion] provide a MUT calendar

@Neo_Novalis to add: I'd guess similar calendars might be interesting for other modes too? e.g. the Yard?

Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do

Message 2 of 3 (161 Views)

Re: [Suggestion] provide a MUT calendar

I'd guess the following information should / could be provided too:

• start and end dates of (official) tournaments, qualification periods (for Madden Bowl, etc.)
  • information about livestreams (e.g. Good Morning Madden, etc.)

Message 3 of 3 (117 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help