Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

(MUT) Madden NFL 22 - MUT Auction House Changes: Price Ranges

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Re: Auction Changes

Community Manager

@SteelChops12788 

The 10% auction house fee will still apply in Madden NFL 22.

@YourHeroChris 

The console and PC version will only allow you to post 1 of the same item at a time. 

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 17 (513 Views)

★★ Novice

How about the trade block? Will it be the same or can we do 2 for 1 trades finally?

Message 12 of 17 (483 Views)

Re: (MUT) Madden NFL 22 - MUT Auction House Changes: Price Ranges

★★★ Newbie

Honestly this sounds horrible and takes fun out of game. I used to spend a lot of time on the auction house, it was like a hobby and you are going to ruin it. I believe many people did same, the game will lose a lot of core players with these changes.

Message 13 of 17 (472 Views)

Community Manager

@Mutcat1 

Stay tuned for more MUT info set to release before launch.

@oct02xb 

Would you go into specifics on what changes to the auction house make you feel that way?

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 17 (453 Views)

★★ Novice

These changes are disappointing as someone who has played MUT for the last 3 years. I loved working the auction house and would even do giveaways on my streams which now I can't do. I probably spend over $3,000 on MUT every year if not more and I hate to say it but you just lost a very good customer for the time being. Ill be spending my money on NBA 2K 22 until this stuff gets removed. Based on the my discord chat I am not alone.

A bit of advice...work on changes the community asks for. Nobody asked for this.

Message 15 of 17 (395 Views)

Auction House Max Price Minimum

★★★ Newbie

EA - please revisit your incomplete thinking on the price ranges for the auction house.  The point of the auction house is to allow players to offload cards they don't want and find cards they do.  However, your current algorithms aren't accomplishing what they intend.

Good:  Setting a maximum sales price for a card is a good idea.  I get this keeps players from transferring too many coins from alternate accounts or from friends, etc.

Bad:

1.  Setting the maximum price based on market data is overkill.  Doing it via hard settings would be simpler and easier to manage and create a lot more stability, period.  Creating an algorithm was unnecessary and actually adds some uncertainty to the game.

2.  Setting a minimum maximum sales price is a TERRIBLE idea.  Please remove this portion immediately.  Because of the above points, some knuckleheads are still transferring silvers at 10,000 coins, which greatly increases the median price, which then means I can't try to sell my low silver for less than 2,000 coins.  No legitimate player is paying 2,000 coins for a low silver, ever.  So, my cards can't be auctioned and I can't turn my unwanted cards into the coins I need to buy the players I want.  I understand you want to limit sniping, but if you MUST create a minimum maximum sales price, it should be at 25-50% below median.  Median sales price can be affected by coin trading and artificially increased from time-to-time, due to spikes in demand, etc.  Allowing players who want coins immediately (because they only have a few hours to play - they want to make player adjustments immediately so they can actually PLAY during the time they have available), is entirely beneficial.  Please either remove the minimum maximum sales price, or adjust it. 

Thank you
Bill

Message 16 of 17 (131 Views)

Re: Auction House Max Price Minimum

@GordoBagEm thank you for sharing your very constructive thoughts! I agree with your concerns although I have to admit that I would have argued for introducing such a scheme (but maybe would have focused on a hard-coded solution setting the price range relative to the quicksell value of the respective item). In the meanwhile I came up with a different idea (i.e. replacing the flat fee of 10% by a progressive auction fee). I would appreciate your feedback if you are willing to read my post here. thank you in advance!

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 17 of 17 (46 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help