Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

(MUT) Madden NFL 22 - MUT Auction House Changes: Price Ranges

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

(MUT) Madden NFL 22 - MUT Auction House Changes: Price Ranges

Community Manager

For those that are seeing Gridiron Notes for the first time, it’s where we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest Madden NFL 22 news all season long. Our goal is to continue providing deeper insight into our game and keep you in the loop on all the updates around Madden NFL 22.

With the launch of Madden NFL 22, we are introducing a few new features to Madden Ultimate Team Auctions.

• Economic Information
  • Recent Sales
  • Price Ranges

These features will apply to all items that can be auctioned. 

There are a few things this accomplishes:

• Players have access to more information about current market trends:
    • The median sale price of any item
    • How many of the same item is currently up for auction
    • Recent sale prices of the same item
  • It ensures a fair price for high-level player items, making them more accessible to all players
  • Price Ranges help restrict the transfer of illegitimate Coins through Auctions

Price Ranges will be determined by the current market prices. The upper Price Ranges will be set well above the median sale price of items on the market and will dynamically update as the median price of items rises and falls. By default, there are no lower ranges, but as we gather more data, lower ranges could be introduced. This will ensure that items are sold for a fair price while leaving plenty of room for increasing or lowering prices.

Here are a few additional things about Price Ranges that we want you to know:

• Price Ranges will be on for all Auction items in Madden NFL 22
  • Price Ranges will be set based on the median sale price for each item per platform
    • While the median prices are per platform, the distance of the upper and lower range from that median price will be universal across all platforms
  • That median price will dynamically raise and lower based on current market trends
  • When putting an item up for auction, you will be presented with the current upper limit for that particular item
  • The Price Ranges for each item will be wide enough that players should be able to enjoy engaging with Auctions without being impacted
  • Price Ranges will also be honored and displayed from the Madden Companion App

We want this change to be a good experience for our players. We think that this will help make Madden Ultimate Team more of a fair environment for all of our players. We understand that some players will be unhappy with this change. However, it is important for us to be as transparent as possible with you, our community, from both a Gridiron Notes perspective as well as in-game, when you are making these critical choices to your team-building experience.

We don’t want players who are using Auctions fairly to feel any negative impacts of this system. With that in mind, we would like to make sure we get this right, so we invite you to share any and all feedback you may have across social media channels, forums, and Answers HQ.

Community Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Will I still be able to snipe player items off the Auction House?

A: Yes, players will still be able to snipe player items off the Auction House as there will need to be a set amount of sales before the Price Ranges are put in place. 

Q: How quickly will the Price Range go into place in-game after content releases?

A: After a set number of auctions are completed, the system will update dynamically and should be seen in-game rather quickly.

Q: How often will Price Ranges be updated?

A: Price Ranges will update hourly at launch. The Madden Team will be monitoring player feedback and will make any adjustments as needed. 

Q: What happens if I post a player item above the Price Range? What can I expect?

A:  The current system will not allow you to post above the current price range. Players can always remove an auction item if the limit lowers below the posted price.

Q:  Will EA be listening to community feedback to modify how Price Ranges work in the future?

A:  Yes, we encourage your feedback on this new feature. We will be monitoring player feedback throughout the year on our social media channels, forums, and Answers HQ.

(Source: Official Site)

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 17 (2,411 Views)

Re: (MUT) Madden NFL 22 - MUT Auction House Changes: Price Ranges

Community Manager

We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new auction house price range changes. Comment below!

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 17 (2,409 Views)

Auction Changes

★ Novice

Why are these changes and new restrictions (which no one asked for) coming, and yet the 10% tax, which the community has been begging to have dropped for years is still in place?

Message 3 of 17 (2,399 Views)

Re: Auction Changes

@SteelChops12788 I can say that's definitely not true that nobody has asked for such changes. Wink

if you followed the discussions about bans / suspensions of accounts or players in Madden 21, there is definitely a huge need of rules prohibitting that some cheaters exploit the auction house. The current system how cheaters have been identified (which most likely will be replaced now) unfortunately banned players too who either have not been aware of the rules or have been wrongly marked as cheaters. From my perspective, the implementation of these ranges will definitely improve the fairness of the auction house.

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 4 of 17 (2,388 Views)

Community Manager

@SteelChops12788 wrote:

Why are these changes and new restrictions (which no one asked for) coming, and yet the 10% tax, which the community has been begging to have dropped for years is still in place?

@SteelChops12788 

I'll verify whether the 10% tax is still in place. I haven't been made aware of any changes around that, so I'm under the impression it's still there unless you found out from another EA source. 

For myself as someone who used the auction house over the years to help build my MUT team, I'm ecstatic for all the information being presented to you when you're listing an item for auction. Knowing the ranges of what items are selling for will absolutely empower players to maximize their profit and also help unload items quicker because they'll be able to list items at the lowest prices. I use MUTHEAD when I'm checking prices, but that can be time consuming when I have to go from the controller to keyboard for every item. The companion app is going to be even more powerful now when I'm not at home.

As for the price floors and ceilings in game, this is already a feature seen in games like FIFA and Madden NFL Mobile. It's not new to Ultimate Team, just new to Madden NFL 22. This will give your items the appropriate value, in my opinion. One piece of feedback we've seen from players over the years on these forums and from our Customer Support Advisors is mispriced auctions, where a player will accidentally buy a low valued item such as a Bronze QB for 30,000 coins, thinking it was 3,000 (We all know we've made some mistakes late in the evening when you're grinding for hours). In other cases, we've seen players accidentally list high valued Elite items for 15,000 instead of 150,000. Because those coins and items transfer to a different account, we cannot play referee in these cases by overturning auction results. Therefore, a lot of players were disappointed in hearing we could not reverse course. These features should help prevent situations like that whether you've experienced this yourself or not.

On a side note, I'm likely to use the ceilings and floors as a guide to let me know when it's time to part ways with a player and upgrade to another. If I see an item trending down in price, I'll know when to sell. This will create more buy low and sell high opportunities. 

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 17 (2,366 Views)

I definitely support the concept of refining the MUT auction house as it has been announced on June 25th 2021. From my perspective, an overhaul of the auction house is very important to avoid that cheater exploit the auction house causing harm to all MUT players who want to play straight and fair. In addition, I’d like to suggest …

1. the introduction of a progressive tax system instead of the currently applied flat tax (of 10%) for successful auctions in the MUT auction house.
  2. adding alternative modes or revising existing Solo modes allowing repeatedly playing with your MUT team while earning rewards (e.g. an additional MUT Solo Season mode, a revision of Solo Battles and Solo Challenges). I already posted some of my thoughts about a MUT Solo Season mode and how to improve Solo Battles and would like to write about my suggestions on Solo Challenges soon too.
  3. replacing the concept of NAT items (which remain NAT all the time) by a cooldown phase for auctioned (or bought) items, traded items and items received as Solo Challenge rewards (in other words, they are NAT only temporarily):
    • bought items from the auction house can only be offered for sale / auction after one week again.
    • traded items can only be offered for sale / auction after one month again.
    • items (incl. collectibles) received as rewards from completing Solo Challenges (which have been NAT in previous Madden versions) are treated as if they have been received via a trade.

I've described my suggestion in more detail here. I would really love to hear your feedback if you are interested in reading it. Standard smile

Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 6 of 17 (2,350 Views)

★★★ Novice

The companion app has a feature where you can list multiples of the same card all at once (ex 3x Mahomes Power Up cards). Can this be added to the console auction house? It’s more efficient than having to list the same card 3x. 

Message 7 of 17 (2,340 Views)

★★ Guide

About time.  The end of ALT-TABing!  I wondered why the muthead.com team fractured apart! Thumbs up  Although this long overdue change slightly favours the affluent MUT pack buyers vs the NMS crowd, any and all steps taken by EA to reduce the unfair MUT coin economy abuse is most welcome.

1. I hope your dynamic ranges will be a little more forgiving for pc vs console, with its much smaller playerbase and its fewer auctioned card lots?
  2. 'Lots' data will expose how hard acquiring rarer PU fillers has been in recent years on pc, so perhaps EA will consider periodically releasing PU fillers into the market when it detects near zero lots put up for sale over the course of a week?
  3. The main downside for non-cheaters will be for those that follow your daily GMM twitch streams and spot PU OVR increases early and wish to offload hoarded fillers for a premium, because their profits will be upper range bound this year until the trend catches up to the card's new true value.
  4. Players will finally be able to list more than twenty card lots?
  5. Can I place speculative 'buy at limit' orders for if a lot arrives later on at my own desired price?
  6. Is the dire 'trade block' finally dead; being the other key in-game cheating/abuse mechanism?

I will look forward to trying the new auction house with M23 when next-gen AI finally hits pc. Broken heart

Message 8 of 17 (2,286 Views)

Game Changer

I for one, look forward to the changes to the MUT Auction House for the upcoming Madden 22.

Message 9 of 17 (2,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This comment is only in regards to the second to last paragraph written by ea……

You don’t reverse lost games over a bad connection someone had.  So why on earth would you give ppl there card back bc they posted it wrong?  If that’s the reasoning for this change that’s a bit ridiculous. If I accidentally hit x instead of triangle and get picked for six then that’s that, there’s no reversing it.  The idea for stopping coin  sellers is cool but imo if your stupid enough to pay 200,000 for a core elite then that’s on you and someone should certainly profit from it.  Same as you accidents listing a card for cheaper then it is worth.   If your ignorant enough to do that then someone deserves to profit from it and you deserve to lose it. Making the game better for idiots won’t help the rest of the community. And the fact that your telling me what I can  and can’t sell the card for when your still taxing me for every sell is ludicrous.   The lows and highs are a good way to make sure I don’t have to get into the auction house though everytime I wanna sell something so kudos to that.  Idk about the part where your making sure stupid ppl don’t do stupid things tho. Call it something other then the auction house, maybe eas sanctioned price list….auctions allow people to adjust prices according to how they see fit. That’s not what your presenting us with…..

Message 10 of 17 (2,239 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help