Re: is there price setting by EA with generated players?

by boscogoat

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

Wow, that's a true revelation. Is there anything in the game what it seem to be? So many questions...

Bots buying the cards and predetermining the price?

Does that also mean that cards go in and out of the game?

Are bots also posting cards?

And when bots and not players buy the cards,  why a timer of several hours?

And why a bidding system for selling cards to bots?

Are there also bots who are bidding up when the algoritm decides the price is too low??

Is it to avoid exploit?

Please clarify further, because I (we) don't understand.

Message 21 of 32 (845 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The AH has seemed different this year. Still really surprised that we don’t buy other players’ auctions and ours are presumably bought by EA at a price determined by them. I can only think that they created a programme like this in order to stop the coin selling sites from operating. Disappointing as it takes some of the skill from the auction house for cheap skates like myself.

Message 22 of 32 (839 Views)

★ Expert
I really want to know how it works then? Who is it buying up the cheap buy it now cards that get listed? Who is it that I'm bidding against when I'm in a bidding war?
How does this thing really work??
Message 23 of 32 (799 Views)

★ Guide

And again the silence is deafening.

You can't just drop a bomb like this and then go mute.....

Message 24 of 32 (757 Views)

★ Expert
Watch them. Answers forum? Bah
Message 25 of 32 (748 Views)

★ Guide

Just one frase pops into my mind.

Attrition warfare.

Just ignore, it will die down eventually as people get tired.

Just keep in mind that we are PAYING customers.

Ignoring your customers is not the way to go.

Attrition warfare mostly ends in a pyrrhic victory and can cost you dearly.

Message 26 of 32 (728 Views)

★ Expert
The US government has been successfully doing it to its citizens for decades.

But EA can do it and get away with it. Have you noticed the quality of other mobile sports games? Horrible. They have no competition. We have no other good options. EA has deals with the NFL and the NFLPA to make sure they are the only ones allowed to use players likenesses.
Plus I'm sure they don't allow another good football game engine come into existence. They'll buy out any competition.
So we deal with it it or we quit playing mobile football. They know what we'll decide to do.
Message 27 of 32 (714 Views)

Community Manager

@rpluumy wrote:

@EA_Blueberry 

Is it to avoid exploit?

Please clarify further, because I (we) don't understand.

We can't really go into too much detail to ensure others can't exploit it's design, but one positive outcome from this type of system is to help minimize exploits and help protect the in-game economy. When you submit an item on the auction house an it sells, that will help set the market price. If an item doesn't sell and another player sets it lower, that will set the price. So even though you're not actively participating in a transaction with one other player directly, the market prices are dictated by other human players.

Blueberry.png
Message 28 of 32 (693 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

Thank you for your answer.

I understand completely you can't go into details.

In my opinion. Don't make the auction house look like something it isn't. I think more then 95% of the players think it's a player to player market.

Also if we are selling to an algorithm (or what you way to call it), the timer for several hours makes no sense. You can give the players set prices also based on the offer and demand.

Message 29 of 32 (675 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have to agree about the now apparently pointless bidding wars. Why put us through them. I’ve had several recently where it’s a two person bidding war and after at least 60 bids and half a hour after it would have left other peoples’ Screens another pops up and greatly ups the bid or buy now is triggered no matter how high it is. Just tell us what we have to pay instead of deciding nobody is getting a bargain and taking it off the table.

Message 30 of 32 (609 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More