Re: Why is it programmed to predetermine winners in Overdrive matches?

by Trycky1974

Original Post

Why is it programmed to predetermine winners in Overdrive matches?

★ Apprentice

I would like to know why Overdrive predetermines winners. Before you answer that it doesn’t, think about it, because it does. The defense is A.I. controlled and at times it doesn’t matter what play a person runs because the defense is in a perfect defensive call. Or I am challenged 6 or 7 times to 180 point challenges and my opponent I’m only able to challenge my opponent 4 times the whole game. I have also had one of my offensive lineman catch up to my RB and dive to tackle him when he is in the open and was going to score a touchdown. This kept me from getting my captain’s bonus and I lost by 50 points. Other team was in red and I was in white so I’m not mistaking who tackled my RB. I also would like to know why my score is constantly reduced after the clock hits zero and then I lose the game. It’s been reduced by as much as 200 points from what my score was when the clock hit zero. 

Message 1 of 6 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

It doesn't, we have stated this before. We try to give a roughly 50% win chance via matchmaking, but that's it. 

That said, you've certainly described some odd behaviour. 

If you have recording software I'd be very interested in seeing a score drop at the end of a match, that's something we need to look into.

Any clip of strange lineman behaviour would be appreciated too, that's super-useful when we see the AI/physics do something improbable.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (319 Views)

★ Expert
I don't think they are predetermined, but there is an algorithm that is employed and patented by EA that will increase the opponents ai ability and decrease yours making it extremely, and in some cases, impossible to win a match.
Everyone loving calls it being nerfed but it is one of the aspects of the game that I can't stand and no one from EA has acknowledged this much less explained why it's necessary.
Message 3 of 6 (305 Views)

★ Apprentice

What I don’t like about your answer is when you say “we try” to give each person a 50% chance. It’s a computer program so if you want it to be 50/50, program it to be 50/50. Computer programs only can do what your telling it to do. But you can’t tell me it’s 50/50 when I am +5 over my opponent and they have 500 points in the first minute, yet I can’t cross the line of scrimmage. No matter what play I call. I also don’t understand how I fail a challenge when I’m challenged to 6 yards on first and ten, when my next play is second and four. If my drive starts on the 20 and the line of scrimmage on second down is the 14 yard line, then that pass should be successful. When I’m winning, that is a successful challenge. when I’m going to lose no matter how I play, it says I failed. The last thing I don’t understand for now is how my line of scrimmage can be on the goal line. If the line of scrimmage is on the goal line at all, it should have been a touchdown.

Message 4 of 6 (272 Views)

★ Apprentice

I jave had it where i run for an 18 yard touchdown and.my opponent got 180 points etc etc. This game is jacked beyond belief..so many bugs they dont address. Ignore, tell you its your fault, or pretend never happened. Good luck getting anything out of help besides a pro pack as well..never any kind of resolution. What a joke.

Message 5 of 6 (264 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’ve seen that too, or even their score goes up when they fail a challenge and mine stays the same. I agree, lots of bugs that they refuse to fix.

Message 6 of 6 (259 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More