Ultimate freeze Q&A

by EA_David

Original Post

Ultimate freeze Q&A

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Hi, we recently had a brief Q&A on our upcoming Madden Ultimate Freeze event, here are some of the main queries and responses.

When will UF start?
UF will start this Thursday December 13th at 10:30am EST and it runs to January 2nd.

Will Blitz tokens be apart of the promo that is required?
Blitz tokens won't be used as a required currency for the program.
There will be blitz token conversions into Snowflakes (stamina currency) and coins into Snowflakes. Basically the same thing we had during Madden Feast.

Can you please tell us if Ultimate Freeze will be similar to the Madden Feast in terms of currencies? This means 1 big currency through the promo, maybe something for Christmas day and a heavy use of blitz tokens throughout the promo.
Yes so we got a lot of new toys to play with for this program and we're giving them a spin for Freeze. There are 2 main currencies and a lot of collectibles. One will work as stamina (Snowflakes) and the other is for making progress towards the 5 different Masters (Lights).

Will there be something related to 12 days of Christmas like the sets in the past?
We absolutely have something like that for UF this year. I don't want to give away too much with regards to is but 12 Days is definitely in the program.

Will gifts be auctionable? And will some gifts be more rare than the others?
You will build presents by collecting certain items and putting them into sets. Additionally, you will be able to pull presents in packs and some events.
The presents will not be auctionable, but the items required to build them will be.

Hi! Part of what made Most Feared an immersive experience in my opinion was the music that was added in the background. Do you guys plan to add any Christmas related music to the UF promo? That would be pretty cool as the music can get repetitive for many players
We do plan on an entire takeover in the game for UF. That includes music, feature tiles, backgrounds, the whole thing.

Will there be a chance at a winter stadium?
Yes and I am very excited about the stadium. It goes directly with the art style we decided on and you can obtain the stadium by participating in the community events we have up for the entirety of the program.

Assuming UF will have gifts, how can we obtain gifts? cutting players/playing events/...?
Gifts are in UF. We're trying a new version of Sets in UF and that will be the primary way of obtaining gifts along with chances of them in packs or packs directly.

What will gifts contain?
All I'll say about that is there are Gold, Elite, Diamond, and Master gifts.

Can we expect a extra round of gifts/players for new year?
We do have some special stuff for New Years. We've talked about what will be part of that but don't have anything concrete at this point in time.

Can we get a sneak peek on some Masters/Ghosts?
Richard Sherman (my personal favorite), Cam Newton, Lawrence Taylor, Randy Moss, and Walter Payton.

Can you give a sneak peak of O.O.P. (Out of Position) players we will have the pleasure of looking forward to? 
I talked to my man Goss and he said there are TONS of OOP this year. Including DE Saquon Barkley and MLB Ben Roethlisberger!

Oh, also, will the be Christmas themed music?
Of course Standard smile

You can find the full Q&A here!
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 13 (2,597 Views)

Re: Ultimate freeze Q&A

★★★★★ Apprentice

What packs can we find players in? Or are they only available for purchase. I was wondering if they are in the wrapping or gingerbread or any of the other events randomly.

Message 2 of 13 (2,312 Views)

★★ Novice

I've won a bunch of Freeze Blitz events (30yds TE Recieving Yards), but I'm not being awarded the Trinkets because the yardage isnt being counted (it was counted most times) despite running the same play the entire time. 

Event wins: 50

Events Yardage not counted: 10

I contacted Customer Service, but they once again were worthless.

Message 3 of 13 (1,743 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @chrishett99

Would you mind submitting a post on this with more detailed information so we can look into this?

An example of great info for the Madden QA team would be:

• What specific event name you are reporting
  • Which items you have on your roster (If it's the TE receiving yards, what specific TE item are you using?)
  • Which play(s) are you using that aren't counting?
  • Confirmation that you've read the description/requirements of the challenge
  • What type of device do you have? (iOS/Android and model)
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to see if this can be resolved? (re-installing the app/restarting the device)

Thanks!

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anyone else having this issue? I try to claim the free gift and gives me an error everytime. I haven't been able to claim a single one since this event started. I contacted support and they couldn't do anuthingas usual.

Screenshot_20181220-170733_Overdrive.jpg
Message 5 of 13 (1,441 Views)

★★ Guide
Everyday this has happened to me.
Message 6 of 13 (1,037 Views)

★ Guide
I wish you would have announced that you could no longer obtain wrapping paper starting today. I was working towards a diamond item and now they are worthless.
Message 7 of 13 (945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeh, it got me too. I need one more blue cane to acquire stadium. It shows that there was one week left. That happens a lot with big event. Need more events with posted end dates.

Message 8 of 13 (934 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback.

Make sure you finish your tutorial for the New Years's event, you can still work towards earning and upgrading your Masters, and any snowflakes you had will be converted to confetti, the new currency.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 13 (908 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I traded in masters and then couldn’t get upgrades-this game sucks

Message 10 of 13 (894 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More