Timeouts, D-pad and blitz costs

by Humdinger504

Original Post

What do timeouts do?

★★★ Newbie

I have yet to see timeouts actually stop the clock on 24/7 live events...

Message 1 of 5 (1,047 Views)

Timeout error

★★★★★ Newbie

I have had issues with some of the live events in which it is almost like a season game from last year, It started with the Monday night live event, but I brushed it off, then in the Thursday night live event it happened again and I recorded it, when I call a timeout, it charges me the timeout but it doesn’t stop the clock, this very much upset me because this live event takes more than 5 minutes and I felt like this bug was wasting my time, if anyone knows how to solve this issue, I would love to hear it.

Message 2 of 5 (1,044 Views)

Timeouts, D-pad and blitz costs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The timeouts don't stop the clock even though it takes away a timeout after you (try to) call one. The clock always just keeps ticking. There was no reason to change the direction pad. There was no point in making it smaller because, nothing was wrong with it in the first place. Now we have to glance at it, which proves to be costly, to make sure when we move it, it's not in the wrong way and that we're simply touching it to begin with. Make the d-pad regular size again. Why all of a sudden the league bank is 3 days? It's should still be 2. We should be able to play the blitz events for free until we win, at least, not just once. It's wrong for y'all to charge us more blitz tokens each time we play, e.g, the first time it's 50 tokens, the second time it's 75 tokens, so on and so forth, while the rewards stay EXACTLY THE SAME, which in turn, makes it more and more not worth it. Y'all are closer to driving people to others game apps than you know. The greed is saturating the game and taking the main focus away from the game which is, supposed to be, to simply enjoy the game. The players should have more balance than y'all give them. If the ball carrier simply runs to close to a teammate he's off balance and it shouldn't be as hard and extreme as y'all made it for them to recover. They over correct too long and too much. Bring back sets and separate the players and collectibles from our my items. It's doesn't make sense and is annoying that they're all under the same tab. While I do appreciate the effort into this season, the things I mentioned, and there's some that eludes me right now, are a nuisance and need to be addressed. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,010 Views)

Re: What do timeouts do?

★★★ Novice

It's bad enough that the "primary" game (Overdrive) is just a stupid pick-a-play-as-fast-as-you-can spamfest, but then the Live Events that are somewhat close to being like actual football (unlike Overdrive!) can't even get the rules correct with timeouts, out-of-bounds, and basic clock management. 

I don't understand what EA Sports is doing when they had just been celebrating how Madden revolutionized the way the casual fan watches football by making them more knowledgeable about rules, defensive alignments, blocking schemes, etc. This version of Madden is not NFL football anymore; it's worse than backyard football. 

Message 4 of 5 (999 Views)

Re: Timeout error

★★★ Novice

I don't think there's a fix.  This is either intentional by EA Sports (which would be horrible!) so that it's harder to win the event, or in their infatuation with Overdrive mode, they didn't pay attention to getting the rules right in the ONLY mode that is still like football.

I would hope this gets fixed soon.

Message 5 of 5 (1,001 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More