Re: Refund for accidental purchase

by MScarey1102

Original Post

Refund for accidental purchase

★ Novice

I purchased a large Madden Football bundle package worth over $2,000 T-Mobile dollars. After the purchase I accidentally swiped and came in contact with a pro pack worth $ 1,000 I contacted T-Mobile because my phone froze and after shutting down the power to restart several times. That was T-Mobile directed me to you for a refund.  If you check your system I had already purchased a much larger bundle.  This has never happened in the past. I am being honest and truthful.  I would appreciate if you could please reimburse my $1,000 t-mobile dollars and out of generosity for being truthful perhaps you might let me keep the accidental pro purchase. As t-mobile told me that you are very good in handling these incidents.  Thank you.  Jose F. Sanchez

Message 1 of 10 (12,441 Views)

Community Manager

We cannot resolve this issue directly here on Answer HQ but an EA Game Advisor will be in a position to look into this for you.

Click the following link to contact an Advisor: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?category=demo-beta

For help on how to contact an Advisor please use this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Help-Beta/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (12,384 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's a lie to say you guys will handle this. Because I just made an accidental purchase and you guys said that all purchases are final. Which can't be true because if you guys gave us something on accident, you would fix it in a heartbeat. But if I mess up I am stuck with the accident. 

Message 3 of 10 (9,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@MScarey1102You do realize this post is from 5 years ago in 2014? But yea, it's going to be harder to prove a purchase was an accident since they've implemented the "Are you sure- Confirmation" before finalizing every purchase now a couple weeks ago

Screenshot_2019-03-26-12-21-35.png
Message 4 of 10 (9,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I get what ur saying on the coin packs. But I'm talking about cash packs it's easy to accidently buy stuff with 1 tap. Especially if u didn't set up a password for purchases. Thanks for the comment but u just showed the coin packs. 

Message 5 of 10 (9,790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

And it shouldn't matter if the post was 10 years ago. They say that they will try to fix the issue. Knowing that they aren't gonna fix it tho. The EA guy I talked to said hey since it's final, just try and upgrade your team. Who says that to somebody that just bought something they can't get their money back on? Sorry, but I've had a few instances where EA just shrugs it off like it isn't nothing to them. 

Screenshot_20190326-142923.png
Message 6 of 10 (9,788 Views)

Community Manager

@MScarey1102 wrote:

And it shouldn't matter if the post was 10 years ago. They say that they will try to fix the issue. Knowing that they aren't gonna fix it tho. The EA guy I talked to said hey since it's final, just try and upgrade your team. Who says that to somebody that just bought something they can't get their money back on? Sorry, but I've had a few instances where EA just shrugs it off like it isn't nothing to them. 

@MScarey1102 

Our policies and procedures may change and evolve over time to help better assist our customers. A good amount customer feedback really plays into those changes, too. It's possible we may have been able to help OP's inquiry in the past and no longer able to today, or vise-versa. Like @Humdinger504 said as well, the development team will help develop features in game to make purchases and overall navigation through the store easier. Experiences reported here can help us with that. @EA_Barry directed the player to our Live-Support team to look into the request because our forum team does not assist with this, regardless as to whether OP's inquiry will be honored or not. We want to make sure we are pointing players in the right direction to get a request or issue fully addressed. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 10 (9,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I get all that and am sorry for the way I may have come off. But the way the person had first responded to my request was foolish on his part. I'm just putting it out their that some of your help is not really help. They push things to the side and pretty much push everything towards other places. If you get what I mean. Thanks for the reply, just hope things change more in the help department because not all of us are trying to rip you off. 

Message 8 of 10 (9,779 Views)

★★★ Pro
I asked because a lot of times people don't realize the date and or the subject of the post and even are in the completely wrong forum sometimes. But it does matter if it was years ago because as blueberry stated, things change. Not to say rather good or bad, but they do. But, knowing how easy it is to accidentally buy cash packs (stuff period), you should setup your password. Not just for the sake of NOT buying something by accident, but, also to protect you and yours. I'm definitely NOT trying to come down on you or anything like that, but you should really set your password up because it'll not only save you money, but it'll also protect you. I went through the same thing a while back and couldn't get anything resolved through ea either. I think it's a shame and it shouldn't be like that but, it is. I eventually wound up getting refund though because I contacted them literally the same minute it happened. Have you contacted Google already? If not, you should, maybe they can help with your refund. Hope all ends well and if not, it's not the end of the world. At least you can use it. It could be worse. Good luck.
Message 9 of 10 (9,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah it took a call and a call back from them to get it. But they did it tho because it says cancelled. Just waiting on it to hit my account.  They actually tried the whole they can't do nothing thing. Until I told them I wanted to talk to someone above them. And the higher up person called me back and said they had good news. But yeah I'm sorry about being an a-hole. Thanks again. And yeah u put a password for purchases on now. Learned from that one. No more hrs of research and phone calls for me for a simple mistake. Lol

Message 10 of 10 (9,767 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More