Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[READ FIRST] Madden Mobile Common Issues and Solutions

by MorningTimeCloud

Original Post

[READ FIRST] Madden Mobile Common Issues and Solutions

Hero (Retired)

Welcome! If you have a technical in game issue, check through the spoilers below to see if we have covered your issue, If its an account issue please open the first spoiler for instructions on how to contact EA Support. If you are looking to meet other players, trade players and so on. Check out our forum in the EA forums linked directly below here.

You can find the official Madden Mobile forums on the EA Forums here: Link If you have any questions regarding that section, feel free to send me a PM on the EA Forums here: Link or another forum moderator. Be sure to read the stickies in that section, including the forum rules.

1 - How to contact EA Support

Spoiler

For help with this please contact EA/Origin support for assistance, It does not look like we will be able to help you with it here on Answer HQ.

Contact a games adviser at any time using this following link EA Help - Contact Us

Detailed guide on how to contact an EA advisor using the new EA Help page click the spoiler.

Spoiler

Some players may have issues when using Internet Explorer. If this is the case, please an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome, or install the Chrome Frame addon.**

Click the following link and log in: https://help.ea.com/en/

helplogin.PNG

Then click on Help with a Game, and choose your game. If your game isn't listed, try entering the name on the search bar to the right. Alternately you can choose the Browse By Topic option and choose your relevant topic. If it is an account issue that doesn't require Game Advisor assistance, you can click the Manage Account button.

helpbuttons.PNG

On the next page you will see a bunch of articles, links to community fixes, and a manuals tab for the chosen game.

gamespage.PNG

If the articles aren't relevant to you, scroll to the bottom of the page, and you will get an option to Contact Us.

helpcontactus.PNG

Click this and you will be prompted to choose your platform, the topic of your issue and to give a brief description of the issue at hand.

helpplatform.PNGhelpcode slim.PNG

You will then have your options available, such as having a Live Chat with an advisor, or scheduling a callback if it is available in your region.

large.png

2 - Banned accounts

Spoiler

Answers HQ cannot do anything about bans because we are a public forum and can’t do anything account management related, but what we can do is tell you how to dispute and appeal a ban.

The general ban dispute email is accountdisputes@ea.com they can take 2 weeks+ to reply. 

Read more here on EA services bans: Information about banned or suspended accounts

3 - Madden NFL mobile troubleshooting info

Spoiler
We're pleased to announce Madden NFL Mobile is now live in the Apple App Store and Google Play! For any troubleshooting concerns, please read below:

Troubleshooting

I keep getting kicked from the game, or my game has frozen!
Go into your device settings and Quit / Stop the app entirely. Be sure you check your internet connection, then try to start the game again.

I purchased something in-game, but I cannot see it. What happened?
In some cases you may need to exit and restart the game in order to access your new content. If that doesn't work, try turning off and restarting your device.

I purchased an item and cannot purchase that same item again. Why?
Certain items within the store can only be purchases a certain number of times. On the Front of the item there should a 0/X indicator. If you have reached the limit this number should be red and the button should be inactive.

If I delete the game from my device will my progress be saved?
Yes! Your progress is saved throughout normal play. If you need to delete the game, your progress will be continued where you left off once you re-install the game.

I am getting a message that there is a newer version of Madden NFL Mobile that I need to get. How can I get the latest, most up-to-date version of Madden NFL Mobile?
  • Apple App Store: Tap the App Store icon on your device and then tap the "Updates" tab on the bottom bar. Find Madden NFL Mobile in that list and click on the "Update" button.
  • Google Play: Go to the Google Play Store and then go to the "My Apps" section. If there is a more recent version of Madden NFL Mobile, it will say "Update Available."
What is your Privacy Policy?
You can view EA's Privacy Policy here.

Need more help?

My question is not answered here. What can I do?
If it is a question concerning the game, please contact us.

For billing issues, be sure to visit Apple, Google Play, or Amazon for support:
  • Apple App Store: Visit the FAQ sections and contact Apple.
  • Google Play: Visit the FAQ sections and contact Google Play.

If you need assistance with a completed purchase, please contact our EA Help team (or our Game Advisors) by logging in here.

When contacting us, please include the following information:
  • The issue that you are having 
  • The application that you are having an issue with
  • The device that you are using
  • A description of your issue
  • Your full iTunes / Google / Amazon / EA purchase number
  • The email associated with your iTunes / Google / Amazon account
  • The game or item that has purchased

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/madden-nfl-15-mobile-troubleshooting-info/

4 - Madden NFL Mobile FAQ

Spoiler
We’re pleased to announce Madden NFL Mobile available August 26 on Apple App Store and Google Play!

1. Game Controls
  2. Items to sell / auction
  3. Madden Cash
  4. My Team & Lineup
  5. Facebook Friends 
1. Game Controls

How do I control my player on the field?
You can control your player on the field by using the Analog Stick on the Screen or if you have Touch control turned on tap and hold in the direction you wish to go in

How do I perform offensive Skill moves?
You can perform offensive skill moves by tapping the Skill moves button while running with the ball. Offensive Skill moves include stiff arm, spin, and dive.

How do I pass the ball?
After choosing a passing play from play call you can use the analog stick move your QB around the pocket but to perform a lob pass you tap the desired receivers icon, and if you would like to throw a bullet pass you tap and hold the receivers icon.

What does the Play art Button do within 3D Gameplay?
Tapping this button will show you the routes and play art for the play you are about to run.

How do perform a juke?
To perform a juke move you need to swipe left right or back on the screen at the appropriate time.

How do control my defender?
Before the play is snapped you can adjust your defenders position by using the analog stick or touch controls.

How do I switch my Players on Defense?
You can switch your player by tapping on a corresponding player on the field or tapping the screen with two fingers

How do I perform Defensive Skill moves?
Tapping the Skill move button while on defense will allow your player on the field to make tackles, attempt dive tackles, ball strips and big hits.

How do I intercept the ball? I saw a Yellow Arrow saying Swipe?
When the ball is in the air you should be automatically switched to the defender closest to the ball. From there swipe up on the screen at the appropriate time to increase your chances of making an interception.

How do I Kick the ball?
To kick the ball swipe up on the Kick meter. The Swipe Direction and Speed will determine the kicks power and direction.

How do I call a Play?
After each play the Playcall window will be given. Here you can choose a play by type, suggestion or formation. After selecting a play you will then be taken back to the field and are ready to run the play you have selected.

How do I snap the ball?
To snap the ball just tap on the screen.

How do I call a Time out?
You can call a time out by pausing the game (tapping the pause button) and selecting call a timeout.

2. Items to sell / auction

How do I sell items?
Within the Marketplace Screen there is a Sell Items panel. Tap this panel and you will be taken to the Sell Items Screen. Within the Sell Items screen you will be given a list of players on your bench at the bottom of the screen. Tap and Drag one of these items to Drag and Drop slot. After dropping the item in the slot, a sell price on the screen will be given. Once you are ready to sell, tap the sell button and then confirm. You can also stack up to 5 items you want to sell by dragging and dropping multiple items on top of each other.

How do I auction an item?
Within the Sell Items Screen you need to Drag and Drop a Player from your bench to the Drag and drop slot. Once the item is in place you can enter a starting price, a buy now price and duration for the auction.

Why can I not auction an item?
Some items are no auction and will have an image on the back them showing this.

How do I sort which item types I want to sell?
There are tabs at the top of the screen that will allow you to filter your bench by offensive players, defensive players, special team’s players, and collectibles.

How do I post an Item up for Auction?
Within the Sell Items Screen you can designate a card for Auction.

How do I place a bid on an Auction?
Within the Auction screen you should see items up for auction, tap one of the items up for auction and then you will be given the Bid Popup. Within the bid popup you can see the players attributes compared to your current starter, the starting prices, the time remaining on the auction, a buy now price, and a bid input field with toggles to input your specific bid.

3. Madden Cash & Store

How do I get Madden Cash?
Madden cash can be obtained by Tapping the plus (+) button on the Madden Cash widget at the top of the world View or from within the Store. From there you will see a scrollable list with Price points for each Madden cash total. Once you decide on a Madden Cash total tap the USD (Real Currency) cost button and from there you will be taken through your devices purchasing method. After completing the purchase your Total Madden Cash should be increased based on your selection.

How do I earn coins?
Coins are earned by playing Season Games, Live Events, and Head to Head matches.

What can I buy from the Store?
In the store you can purchase individual Item Packs, and Bundles of Packs to improve your team and complete sets by paying coins or Madden Cash.

How much does an Item Cost in the Store?
Each Item listed within the store will have a designated coin and or Madden Cash total. Some items can only be bought with specific currencies.

How do I only see a specific item type within the Store?

Within the Store there are three tabs, Featured, Player Packs, and Bundles. If you are looking a specific item type you can tap one of these tabs and any item that is displayed within the list should show with the exception of the Featured Tab.

4. My Team & Lineup

What does the My Team Button on the Map do?
Tapping this button will give you the My Team Screen. Here you can choose to manage your lineup, view Sets, or take a look at all of your items.

How do I view my lineup?
Tap the Manage Lineup Panel from the My Team Screen.    

How do I see my Defensive Lineup?
At the top of the screen there are three tabs Offense, Defense and Special Teams. Tapping any one of these will update the screen to show its corresponding lineup.

How do I switch players in my Lineup?
To switch a player in your lineup tap that player within the Manage Lineup screen you will be taken to the Player Swap Screen. Within the Player Swap screen you will see your player his attributes and any cards that you can swap him with at the bottom of the screen. The players shown on the bottom of the screen are your “benched players”. To swap your active player with a benched player tap and drag the benched player from and drop him onto the Drag & Drop Slot. Your players should now be switched.

Can I change my team?
Yes, you can do this in two ways:
  1. Tapping the Top Left Icon on the World View will open up the Team Select Menu where you select a new team.
  2. From within the Settings Menu players can choose to change their team by tapping the select button next the Change Team option.
5. Facebook Friends

What is Friends Mode?
Friends Mode is where you can challenge and play with your Facebook friends who have downloaded and are actively playing Madden Mobile.

What can I do within Friends?
Within the Friends game mode you can challenge your friends to Head to Head matches where you can compete for bragging rights.

What does the Friends button within Friends Mode do?
Tapping this button will launch the Friends Popup, from here you can see which friends you are playing, and new games that have become available, and you can also invite other Facebook friends to join in on the fun

For more information on Madden Mobile, please visit us on Facebook and Twitter

5 - How to link Madden NFL Mobile to your Facebook account using iOS

Spoiler
  1. Exit the game
  2. Enter “Settings” on your phone.
  3. Scroll down until you find Facebook and tap it
  4. In “Settings Facebook” scroll down to “Allow These Apps to Use Your Account
  5. Locate the game title having issues connecting on this list and set it to “On
  6. Re-Enter the App and you should now be connected to Facebook. If you are not connected, please try logging in again.

- Reporting a player

Spoiler

If you want to report someone or already have, EA will investigate this report and take action in accordance with our Terms of Service. Due to our Privacy Policy, EA will be unable to disclose the results of this investigation, or any actions taken against the reported account. 

Xbox: Find their name in the recent players list > File Complaint > Cheating > Submit.
PSN: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/218
Battlelog: http://help.ea.com/ca/article/how-to-report-a-cheater-to-battlelog-for-mohw-and-bf3/

Report a player on Origin:
1. Open your Friends List.
2. Click the '+Add a Friend' button.
3. Search for the Origin ID of the user you want to report.
4. Click on their name to open the user's Profile.
5. Click 'Report User' and tell us what sort of problem you're having.

False reports of another player is a violation of the Terms of Service and actions will not be taken against the player reported. Action may, however, be taken against players who fraudulently report. Read the full article on reporting users here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-report-cheating/

7 - Connection issues

Spoiler

Try this on your internet modem / router and let me know if this solved your issue. It helped my internet connection at home a lot.

1) Log into your modem / router
2) Turn OFF UPNP.
3) Turn off PC UPnP Service
4) Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: services.msc then press enter.
5) In the list of services, scroll down to UPnP Device Host click it and press Stop service. Now do the same thing but with the service & SSDP Discovery
6) Exit the window and go to control panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Change advanced sharing settings under network discovery, select to turn off network discovery then Save your changes

Please also enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

If you’re having problems getting into your game for online play, there's a few things you can try to get up and running.

If you’re specifically having trouble connecting, you might notice an orange stripe alerting you to an active issue, such as server malfunctions or maintenance windows, that we’re tackling, or other info about what’s blocking your access.
If you’re starting to think maybe it’s just your system and connection getting in the way, try somecommon connectivity troubleshooting steps, like:

8 -  Parental controls on iOS, Android, and Windows devices

Spoiler
Sometimes an in-app purchase may have been made accidentally. To protect both yourself and your children from accidental purchases made in the iTunes, Google Play, and Windows phone stores, we suggest setting up certain security countermeasures to add a few steps between you and completing a purchase.

Please note that these steps will need to be performed for EACH mobile device you would like to restrict purchasing from.

To restrict in-app purchases for iOS devices:
You can use restrictions to prevent purchasing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Scroll to the bottom to find the section on managing your child’s account (if they have an account via the Apple ID for Students program) and setting up allowances with “Ask to Buy.”

To restrict in-app purchasing for Android devices:
To prevent and restrict purchases with Google Play for Android, you can set your device to require a password for any purchases.

To restrict in-app purchasing for Window’s devices:
For Windows OS devices, you can set up a Wallet PIN and even create Kid’s Corners.

9 - Troubleshooting connection issues with multiple devices on the same network

Spoiler
Sometimes when you have multiple devices--such as consoles, computers, tablets, and phones--all simultaneously on the same network, especially when trying to connect to a single game server, there's a chance that one or more players will be disconnected from the server.

This is likely due to your NAT settings preventing the server's signal  from reaching all the devices on the network. 

This can usually be solved by activating UPnP on your router, as well as making sure that all devices on the network both have UPnP support, and that it is set to active.

To ensure that your connections will be stable:
    • If your router does not support UPnP, you likely need to contact your router provider for information on updating your firmware for UPnP compatibility.
  • Enable UPnP on any devices that are on your network and direct signals, instructions on which can likely be found through your device's manufacturer or help system, as well as in Windows
    • Note, consoles should accept UPnP automatically
  • Once UPnP has been enabled on your devices and computers, restart all of your device, consoles, and products.
Once you've ensure UPnP is activated on your devices, multiple consoles and/or PCs on the same local network should now be able to all simultaneously connect.

10 - Guide of community created threads 

Spoiler

- MorningTimeCloud, No longer active on this site so private messages are disabled. Feel free to contact me using one of the methods listed in the following link  by clicking here.

Message 1 of 1 (60,290 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Overdrive User ID and get help.

View More

Are you missing in-game items? We can help.

Contact EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help