Overdrive should NOT nerf our offensive stats in order to increase difficulty.

by schuhbox20

Original Post

Overdrive should NOT nerf our offensive stats in order to increase difficulty.

★★ Novice

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but I'm posting in the hopes that an EA rep sees this, as I've never sent a help ticket to them that went answered.

As we all know, Overdrive game mode is a broken piece of trash. I've never in my life played a more infuriating game that's made me so irrationally angry and the main reason is the random aspect of my own offensive performance. 

The key to a good skill-based game is mastering the controls and honing your technique in order to give yourself an edge over opponents. Conversely, the most detracting elements in any competitive game are random elements in-game that are uncontrollable, and a lack of control over your own play. 

Unfortunately, as we have all seen, this game Overdrive has proven to have both of the latter at the forefront of its gameplay. From one match to the next there is no consistency in our offensive actions. And REGARDLESS OF POWER RANKING I have had matches where my QB does impossibly perfect throws and my WRs make spectacular catches all match, have cornerbacks literally backstep when they chase me down, have offensive lines split apart for me like I was Moses. I have also had matches where 50% of my passes go wild, Receivers can't catch a thing, get stopped at the .05 yard line, and my own offensive line becomes entirely useless, giving way to sacks and tackles as if they weren't even there, or otherwise blocking my RBs from getting past the line of scrimmage, and again, REGARDLESS OF POWER RANKING this happens to all of us.  

I have lost to 600's and won against 1500's. If I look at my history there is no evidence to suggest that power ranking has anything to do with game outcome. It is literally all a randomized nerf/buff system that happens in-game, on demand and each time you press "Play Now". And that makes sense in a way because obviously it's part of EA's plan to make everything seem close to entice players to buy their overpriced packs more often. It is a business after all and we are the customers. What simply infuriates me is why it should affect our offensive performance. If another team's defense is better, then their defense should be playing better and that makes perfect sense. Otherwise what's the point of upgrading defense. But what's horrible is when an entire match decides to downgrade every single offensive stat and regardless of user input or opponent ranking, every throw goes wide, every catch is dropped and your team generally plays like *. It's a cheap trick done by EA that will forever keep me from spending a single dollar on this game. 

Message 1 of 4 (462 Views)

Re: Overdrive should NOT nerf our offensive stats in order to increase difficult

★ Expert
Hello Preacher, I am the choir. And The choir say AMEN HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD.
I have been preaching this same message since I found out about the disadvantage algorithm.
I don't think they will ever change this sneaky, underhanded, unfair tactic and they will never even acknowledge its existence. I have screamed at the top of my lungs about this and it always goes unanswered.
Excellent post @shuhbox20. If I could give you more than just 1 XP I damn sure would.
Message 2 of 4 (430 Views)

Re: Overdrive should NOT nerf our offensive stats in order to increase difficult

★★★ Pro
Well said fellow Madden brother. I've made post about this foolishness as well. I just don't spendany money anymore. When ea gets its act together and stop cheating, beating, SC rewing us over, defrauding and scamming us I'll start spending money again, but as long as the ratings are scams, the nerf/buff saga continues and a 70 speed linemancan run down your 85 speed rb from 49 fuggin yards out I'm not spending a penny.
Message 3 of 4 (402 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not sure if this adds to your post or not, but I just played back to back matches against the same person with two different outcomes (shocker right?). The other team had 1,500+ power while I’m 780. First match he shut me down, offense couldn’t even get 100 yards in passing or rushing. I didn’t even get my captains bonus (5 rushes of 5+ yards Rodney Hudson) Second time around I got the bonus on my 5th drive and doubled my rushing yards. 

D493E35D-2214-4302-80F3-81BE93872DEE.jpeg
Message 4 of 4 (387 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More