Overdrive freezing/crashing in Overdrive & Blitz Games

by saliententr0py

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Overdrive freezing/crashing in Overdrive & Blitz Games

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I've invested quite a bit into this game over the years.. Both time and money.

Over the course of the past couple weeks, the overdrive game mode would start to lag during a matchup abd the game would completely freeze at the very end just before scores are shown. 

This was an on going thing that just got worse and worse as time went on.

Tonight I can't even load into an overdrive match where the opponent has a one minute hed start because the game locks up and freezes.

Sometimes or just freezes completely to where i I have to force close the app and start over. 

Then upon reloading the game, it freezes on the loading wheel right after the splash screen for about 3-5 minutes.

Once in the game, I can do events. I can do league drives. Everything operates normally, except for overdrive.

So start up and overdrive are both broken.

I have a galaxy note 8. There are zero issues with all other apps. This is the only one that's affected.

If I've done all the basic trouble shooting. Uninstall, clear cache, clear data, reinstall, power cycled the device.. Even factory reset it. Nothing is different. 

I even tried the game on my wife's phone (galaxy s7) and my mother's iPhone ... Same issues

What gives?

Then I'm told to post here by customer support, i do... And it gets marked as spam?

EA_Blueberry: Edited title for improved searched results

Message 2 of 89 (2,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Overdrive is unplayable

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 74 of 89 (2,403 Views)

All Replies

Overdrive is unplayable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I've invested quite a bit into this game over the years.. Both time and money.

Over the course of the past couple weeks, the overdrive game mode would start to lag during a matchup abd the game would completely freeze at the very end just before scores are shown. 

This was an on going thing that just got wise and sugar as time went on.

Tonight I can't even load into an overdrive match where the opponent has a one minnie had start because the game locks up and freezes.

Sometimes or just freezes completely to where i I ha to force close the app and start over. 

Then upon reloading the game, it freezes on the loading wheel right after the splash screen for about 3-5 minutes.

Once in the game, I can do events. I can do league drives. Everything operates normally, except for overdrive.

So start up and overdrive are both broken.

I have a galaxy note 8. There are zero issues with all other apps. This is the only one that's affected.

If I've done all the basic trouble shooting. Uninstall, clear cache, clear data, reinstall, power cycled the device.. Even factory reset it. Nothing is different. 

I even tried the game on my wife's phone (galaxy s7) and my mother's iPhone ... Same issues

What gives?

Message 1 of 89 (1,813 Views)

★ Expert

Message 3 of 89 (1,942 Views)

★ Expert
I have the Note 9
I am having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM with Overdrive.
@EA_David I told you, it's not just me.
Now I'm thinking it has something to do with the Note series of phones. 👀
Message 4 of 89 (1,931 Views)

★ Expert
Oh, wait. I just saw the part about using 2 other different devices and having the same problem. Now I'm thinking it's a problem with our specific accounts... I dont know. But I do know that it's not widespread so likely we are just gonna have to deal with it. It's so annoying that I barely play Overdrive at all now. And I actually like overdrive
Message 5 of 89 (1,925 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@thegatorfan122  hey after hours and hours of trying different things.. On all three devices my linked cloud based account has issues..

I logged out on all devices and just played using the local guest account... While doing so, I had absolutely Zero issues. The game operated as it should in all facets..

Can you try this and let me know if it's the same for you?

Message 6 of 89 (1,920 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I express my concerns and the customer support wants me to throw away years worth of achievements, logos, all time leader board ranking, etc .. For.compensation? 

Screenshot_20190420-064419_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Message 7 of 89 (1,906 Views)

★ Expert
Whoa, wait... What? That sounds really sketchy. If I were to do something like that I would expect everything to go back the way it was. Including my legacy stats. There should be a better way. I don't want to do that.
Message 8 of 89 (1,886 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@thegatorfan122 thats exactly how I felt about the situation... And the rep, his supervisor, and the manager above them said I had to make the decision right then and there. The offer wouldn't stand beyond our conversation. 

Message 9 of 89 (1,878 Views)

★ Expert
Screw that. I'll just deal with it
Message 10 of 89 (1,871 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More