Re: Overdrive customer service...or lack there of

by siw0624

Original Post

Overdrive customer service...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So I know we have all been having issues with the Blitz tournament being down. I have also had issues with not being given the option to even earn madden cash for the last month. I have reset phone, power cycled, logged out of everything, deleted and reinstalled my app, numerous times, with no resolution. I have emailed help desk three times and each time they tell me it should work and then give me the list of things to do(things I have already done 😡) and basically tell me it is my problem. In what world is this level of customer service acceptable?

Update: not sure if it was the customer service, but I received a little care package, and was grateful for the response. It still hasn’t fixed the madden cash thing, but it is a start. Thank you EA for that.

Message 1 of 11 (779 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, @siw0624 

Are you having trouble watching ads or not receiving Madden Cash after watching the ad? Have you tried resetting the advertising ID at all?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 11 (757 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am not even given the option. It shows the bar in my mailbox, but it won’t let me click on it. If I delete the app and reinstall it, the link will show up one time, then sometimes it will give me madden cash and sometimes it won’t, but then it goes away again for good. I am just frustrated, especially when their are promotions, it would be nice to be able to earn some madden cash. Thanks for your answer.

Message 3 of 11 (754 Views)

Community Manager

The videos are now located at the bottom of the main menu. What type of device do you play on?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 11 (730 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I play on an iPhone XR. The link to the video used to show up on the bottom of my menu screen, now it isn’t there at all. In the mail tab, it shows the advertising to click for madden cash, but it won’t let me click. 

Message 5 of 11 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Here are pictures of what I see.

thank you,

shane 

8C52A35A-5F2E-4834-96C3-DAD5BA5FEC4A.png
Message 6 of 11 (710 Views)

Community Manager

@siw0624 wrote:

I am not even given the option. It shows the bar in my mailbox, but it won’t let me click on it. If I delete the app and reinstall it, the link will show up one time, then sometimes it will give me madden cash and sometimes it won’t, but then it goes away again for good. I am just frustrated, especially when their are promotions, it would be nice to be able to earn some madden cash. Thanks for your answer.

Thanks for getting back with the screenshot, @siw0624 

The advertisements are not always guaranteed to show up every day and dependent on third party advertisers. When you said they show up and then disappear, are you talking about weeks or months at a time or days in between when they show up?

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 11 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I was getting them consistently all the way until January. I could do them most of the time all day. Then out of the blue, they completely stopped for me. The only way I can get them is by completely deleting the app and reinstalling. Then I can get one time, and it will stop again. It doesn’t matter if I am on WiFi or LTE. So if you look st my history, I got it once yesterday because I deleted and reinstalled. I got it once last week as well. It is frustrating, because I didn’t change anything on my account. And it isn’t weeks or months, it just won’t show up at all. The only way is a compete reinstall.

Message 8 of 11 (667 Views)

Community Manager

@siw0624 

Thanks for getting back so quickly. We're not aware of any issues currently surrounding those ads and they are indeed dependent on third parties so they may not pop up consistently. Deleting the app to have them re-appear could be an placebo effect as they get scheduled to run at various times. We'll keep an eye out for more reports though and appreciate your feedback around this. We don't want features in game to be confusing on the way they're delivered to the user, so we'll keep experiences like this in mind.

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 11 (658 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I appreciate the help. I went over a month without adds. That’s when I decided to delete and try reinstall and found it worked, but only for one time.

Message 10 of 11 (655 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More