Overdrive and blitz tournament matchups

by Humdinger504

Original Post

Overdrive and blitz tournament matchups

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Since the season started, during each and every single overdrive game and even during the blitz tournaments, the game doesn't recognize the yards, catches etc or whatever the it is that's needed to complete the captain bonus often. This happens during each and every single game literally and it it happens often throughout the match. And not to mention, how it ALWAYS happens at the most convenient inconvenient times. With that being said, I'm more than sure y'all (ea) can understand how urgent this matter is and the prompt attention and remedy it needs.

Message 1 of 14 (492 Views)

Re: Overdrive and blitz tournament matchups

★ Guide

Myself as well. My TE receptions, I need 7 of them to get my bonus. I'd say 3 or 4 wont get counted toward that. Idk why, just another failure of the game.

Message 2 of 14 (468 Views)

Overdrive "tactics" tactics.

★★★ Pro

This entire season at some point during every single overdrive match, when you tap a tactic to select/fire it, instead of the game selecting that tactic to fire it, the game will select it just to show you the information. Every match is timed and you can't call a timeout or stop the clock at all so, that just waste valuable time. And another thing that happens during each and every single overdrive match is when you have to complete, let's say a certain amount of passes to your wr's as the objective to achieve the captain bonus, a lot of times when you complete a pass to one of your wr's the game doesn't register that catch nor does it count it towards the objective. This happens with every captain, with every objective not always registering and being counted towards the objective. Yards and everything. It's a costly nuisance.

Message 3 of 14 (643 Views)

Re: Overdrive "tactics" tactics.

Community Manager

I can't say I've encountered this myself. Are you tapping rapidly or slowly? If you're tapping rapidly perhaps the device is registering it as a single long press?

As for the WR issue, I'll take any examples you have, every bit of info will help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 14 (601 Views)

★ Guide

David, do you even play Overdrive? Happens every game and this is not the first person to complain. The selection lights up like you have tapped it but does not register. And yes, I have to complete 7 passes to TEs to get my bonus. I have to pass 9 or 10 times before I get my bonus. 

Message 5 of 14 (591 Views)

Community Manager

I certainly do, and I've encountered the reported issue with some potential tracking issues around some of the Captain bonuses. I haven't been able to lock anything down though, so any verified cases/info on instances of it not tracking are welcomed. 

As for the first issue, now that I think on it when I'm on mobile data occasionally the tactics are non-responsive. I'd put it down to lag issues (mobile data isn't great in my region) and hadn't noticed the stats popping up, but I'll keep an eye open for it. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 14 (584 Views)

★★★ Pro
David I've tried everything. Tap slow, tap fast, press and hold etc. It ALWAYS happens no matter what. By the time I'm able to finally throw the ball, the wr's have finished their routes and that's if I didn't get sacked already. And the wr's are NOT the only issue, I was just using that as an example. It's with ALL of the captains. Just like @SyndicatE1424 said, if you need 7 passes to your te, you'll have to complete 9 or 10 of them to achieve that goal. Whatever the objective is for any captain you'll have to complete it a handful more times. I'm sure you can understand how costly and much of a nuisance that is. I've lost I don't know how many game because the game decided not to register my completions, yards, etc towards my bonus.
Message 7 of 14 (565 Views)

Overdrive tactics and captain bonuses

★★★ Pro

Every single overdrive match I play at some point my completions towards the captain bonus don't get registered and counted. No matter what the objective is, yards, touchdowns, first downs etc. Let's say i need a certain amount of yards, I can complete a 40 yard pass for a first down or touchdown and the game would not recognize it and count it towards my captain bonus. This happens during every match and it happens often. If I need 100 yards to get the bonus, I'll have to get 150 yards to get it or if I need 10 catches, I'll have to make 14 catches. 

Message 8 of 14 (456 Views)

Re: Overdrive tactics and captain bonuses

Community Manager

@Humdinger504 As ever, please provide any films that highlight such inconsistencies. All evidence helps. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 14 (451 Views)

Re: Overdrive tactics and captain bonuses

★ Guide

David, do you even play this game? This happens to us all, alot. We have complained before. How are we suppose to post a video, while we can only post screenshots, but you want a video. How does that help?

Message 10 of 14 (434 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More