Re: Madden overdrive keeps crashing

by JCCM06

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden overdrive keeps crashing

★★★ Newbie

Hi, my app keeps crashing. I have a MotoG5+ and Madden mobile had always worked fine. Now whenever I try to go into an event or game, even with the lowest quality settings, it crashes every time.

Also, sometimes the app does this 👇👇

Screenshot_20180814-143933.png
Message 1 of 30 (12,224 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
The app might not support your model of your phone. Because of the new graphics and gameplay engine, Madden NFL Overdrive has higher minimum requirements than previous seasons of Madden NFL Mobile.
You’ll need a device with OGLES 3.0 and 1G RAM to play. That means it will have specs equivalent to the Samsung Galaxy S5 or newer for Google Play devices, or an iPhone 5s or newer for iOS devices. Upgrade your device to join us in the new season.

View in thread

Message 2 of 30 (13,566 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
The app might not support your model of your phone. Because of the new graphics and gameplay engine, Madden NFL Overdrive has higher minimum requirements than previous seasons of Madden NFL Mobile.
You’ll need a device with OGLES 3.0 and 1G RAM to play. That means it will have specs equivalent to the Samsung Galaxy S5 or newer for Google Play devices, or an iPhone 5s or newer for iOS devices. Upgrade your device to join us in the new season.
Message 2 of 30 (13,567 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same phone and keep getting a black screen or kicked out of the app. According to gfxbench it has open gl es 3.2 https://gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx40&os=Android&api=gl&D=Motorola+Moto+G5+Plus&testgroup=... so that shouldn't be a problem. It's also several years newer than a Galaxy s5/iPhone 5s, so I would expect it is able to run it.

Message 3 of 30 (12,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@JD9121 Thank you for the post. Can I check if you have a graphics slider when you go to the settings menu?

To check, tap the menu button in the top left, then the settings icon, then Preferences > Quality. 

Unfortunately from looking at benchmarks, the G5 plus doesn't beat the S5, so the phone might be below spec. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 30 (12,019 Views)

★★ Novice

After reinstalling 4 or 5 times I got it to work. Kind of crazy that a 1-1 1/2 year old mid range phone barely meets specs. I'd recommend other G5 plus users keep reinstalling until it works, not sure why I finally got lucky as I did the same thing each time!

Message 5 of 30 (11,981 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm also using a Moto g5 plus and I just went to settings and slid the graphics slider to very low. Honestly though the graphics are still good and it runs seamlessly in-game

Message 6 of 30 (11,683 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Hello sir david, i dont have a graphics slider in my madden overdrive...how can i fix this... because the framerate is like choppy or very lag...

Message 7 of 30 (11,605 Views)

Hero (Retired)
You’ll need a device with OGLES 3.0 and 1G RAM to play. That means it will have specs equivalent to the Samsung Galaxy S5 or newer for Google Play devices, or an iPhone 5s or newer for iOS devices.
Message 8 of 30 (11,592 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
So I used the app last night perfectly. Phone ran out of battery like a normal phone, recharged it to 100% overnight like a normal phone, and now none of the events or games load past 50% without the whole app crashing and I got the weird screen you talked about before
Message 9 of 30 (11,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about the G5s plus, WHY I CANNOT PLAY??????????

please help me

Message 10 of 30 (11,445 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More