Re: Madden NFL Overdrive - A new era

by Humdinger504

Original Post

Madden NFL Overdrive - A new era

Community Manager (retired)

Experience the gridiron like never before.

Get ready for a new era of Madden on mobile, Madden NFL Overdrive.

Roger.png
Message 1 of 12 (5,748 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Introducing Madden NFL Overdrive

A new season of Madden Mobile is on the way with big changes! Rebuilt from the ground up, this year’s update will be called Madden NFL Overdrive. Not only will this be the biggest, most significant update in the history of Madden the franchise, it will also transform how you experience Madden on mobile. Madden NFL Overdrive delivers next-level visual and gameplay fidelity. It introduces a whole new way to play NFL football on the go.

Mark your calendar. Madden NFL Overdrive will be available on August 15, 2018!

Generational Leap Forward

When you login on August 15, you will notice our graphics have taken a significant leap forward.

This new season unlocks the ability to deliver real-time physics and broadcast-style presentation.

Madden NFL Overdrive will look, feel, and play better than ever before.
madden-nfl-overdrive-06-wm.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

A New Way To Play

Madden NFL Overdrive transforms the way you play the game with the introduction of Player vs. Player (PvP). These are quick-hitting, fierce offensive battles with one simple goal – outscore your opponent.

You’ll earn Fantasy-like scores, meaning you get points for everything you do on the field. From every rushing and passing yard to each touchdown, all of it adds to your score. There are no kickoffs, just short drives for big points. This fresh take real-time, PvP experience is the heart of Madden NFL Overdrive.

While there are a lot of exciting changes coming to Madden NFL Overdrive, you’ll still find some of your favorite modes, like Live Events, the return of NFL 24/7, and our tried-and-true Leagues. These experiences will all be elevated by everything you do in PvP. You’ll earn fans, increase your XP, and rank up for rewards that can be redeemed in each of those game modes.

WHAT’S OVERDRIVE?
So why the name Overdrive? Well, there will be a new Overdrive meter that will fill up as you play a match. As your meter fills you’ll unlock Tactics, which can provide boosts for your offense or defensive challenges to your opponent.

Several things factor into how quickly your Overdrive meter fills. There are four classes in the game that determine some of the stats and playstyles of players like vertical, spread, etc. Having a lineup of players with the same class boosts your team chemistry and can also impact your Overdrive. Your Captain, the leader of your team as well as your Coach, also factors into how quickly your Overdrive meter fills during a Vs match.

Each Captain has a specific scoring bonus. For example, you might have a QB Captain who gives a bonus if he throws for 200 yards in a match. Coaches determine your playbook and the Overdrive Tactics available to you.

What Else Is New
Here are some other new features you’ll be hearing about in the coming days and weeks:

• The all-new Live Events that will help improve your team
  • New kicking meter for improved accuracy
  • More details on Captains, including who is available on August 15
  • And more!

madden-nfl-overdrive-07-wm.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

We’ll have more information coming your way before the new season launches on August 15. You can also be one of the first people to play the game at EA PLAY from June 9–11. Be sure to follow us on Twitter @EAMaddenMobile as we’ll post footage from EA PLAY, showing off the new season of Madden NFL Overdrive.

No other game will deliver the grit, triumph, and heartbreak of football like Madden NFL Overdrive. Get ready, this will be the best season yet.

In the meantime check out our Preseason Blog on how to build your skills, rework your roster and be ready when the new season starts!

Roger.png
Message 2 of 12 (5,687 Views)

★★ Apprentice
How about addressing the fact that you lied to players about the Last Chance sets disappearing? How about addressing why you're so quick to address an exploit with the Boss player sets, but you can't be bothered to address fundamental issues with your game such as the numerous bugs and glitches? How about being transparent and communicating to us what you're doing to the game and why?
Message 3 of 12 (5,659 Views)

★★★ Pro
I hope y'all put more effort and energy into the gameplay and fixing the bugs and glitches and actually have the players attributes on the card translate to the field than y'all did with the graphics because the gameplay is more important than that. The graphics were not important at all considering everything else wrong with the game in every aspect. With all the foolishness that went on this year with mobile like the coaches not working all year, players with 90 speed and acceleration running stride for stride with players who have 100+ speed and acceleration, even 110+ a lot of times, falling an entire visible yard, or two in some cases, over the goal line or first down only to not make it and a plethora of other issues that just shouldn't have been, there's little room for error. It's not that we don't acknowledge or appreciate the good y'all did do and times y'all were on top of things, it's just so much was wrong with this season. Entirely too much and customer service didn't make it better no matter how polite we tried to be, a lot of times it was the incompetence, ignorance or flat out lack of effort that was upsetting. For the record, I for one love Madden. I appreciate all that you guys put into the game even that which y'all think may go unnoticed. I look forward to next season being a good one.
Message 4 of 12 (5,630 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can't get through this Season. And I also wanted a good start to the new Season. But I ended up with some sort of Season Score Glitch that's not giving me my proper percentage. Nobody will help me. I should be on my way to a perfect Season..

Please Help 

EA gave me a Pro Pack

pixlr.jpg
Screenshot_20180613-094252.png
Message 5 of 12 (5,591 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I cannot wait for this game!
Message 6 of 12 (5,579 Views)

★★★★ Guide
how bout just football!?!?!
no coaches that don't work, no 100% counters that give up tds, no wide open drops, no green catch bar drops, no 87 speed safeties running 45 yards from the opposite side of the field closing on a wide open 100+ wr and picking the ball... etc etc
stop trying to steal everyone's money and just fix the bugs. sucks ea wants madden to be a pay to win game
Message 7 of 12 (5,442 Views)

★★★ Pro

They don't even have timeouts and audibles. Somehow 80-85 ovr season teams can go toe to toe with your 118 off 122 def. The computers qb breaks more tackles than my 122 ovr rb. The computers rb blocks my 120+ def linemen better than my ol. The blockers run past you all the way down field where there's nobody to block and if you're running downfield, the blockers turn around and run back towards the scrimmage to block nobody as if the point of the game is not to score. They find all sorts of ways to rig the game but they don't like when you call them out on it. Don't dare say anything about fraud or schemes. But if someone sells you a car or anything else that isn't or doesn't work as advertised there's a definition for that.

Message 8 of 12 (5,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hate this version, it keeps giving a network timeout or update resource error while I’m in the middle of overdrive and I keep losing over and over and over again. This game has no way to buy packs for coins with quality players in them. I also don’t like that there are no seasons at all, the events are boring and do them and that’s it nothing else left to do on the game!

Message 9 of 12 (3,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am mad I went from like number 50 to 1400 in over drive cause at last second gets enough points to beat me over and over again.   Even though they are unranked.  Even though I have one of the best teams in the game.  And have spent more then most.  Still get destroyed at end of game.  Don't matter captain nor coach.  I will win 3 or 4 and then lose 6 and win 4 and lose 9.  Its rediculious. 

Message 10 of 12 (2,850 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More