Lost coins while bidding

by detroitlions91a

Original Post

Lost coins while bidding

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This just happened to me. 

I started with $4.5m in coins. 

Then began bidding on a player on the AH. Bidding started at $2m. Multiple bidders continued to drive the price higher. 

As you guys know, when you bid, your coins leave your balance, and when someone comes over top of your bid, your balance goes back up (as the coins transfer from your failed bid, back over to your balance)

When it got to $2.3m and I placed my bid, another player beat my bid, but my coin balance didn’t go back up by $2.3m. So I wasn’t able to keep bidding even though my original balance was $4.5m and I should have had plenty of coins to keep bidding.

The listing ended and now my coin balance is still just 2.3m. 

I opened a case with EA to help get me my coins back. 

Anyone have advice for me to get this addressed by someone at EA other than the support ticket?

Message 1 of 7 (720 Views)

Re: Lost coins while bidding

★★ Novice

After asking EA Support to look into the issue they gave me this inadequate response. 

5AFD16A6-5572-4E3D-8AF5-AD6FBD03F264.png
Message 2 of 7 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My last message to EA Customer support said this

To be abundantly clear this is what happened 

I started with $4.5m in coins. 

Then I began bidding on a player on the AH. Bidding started at $2m. Multiple bidders continued to drive the price higher. 

As you should know about madden mobile (I hope you know this but if you don’t I am explaining it), that when you bid, your coins leave your balance, and when someone comes over top of your bid (bids higher than your bid), your balance IS SUPPOSED to go back up (as the coins from your failed bid transfer back over to your balance)

When it got to $2.3m and I placed my bid, another player beat my bid, but my coin balance didn’t go back up by $2.3m. So I wasn’t able to keep bidding even though my original balance was $4.5m and I should have had plenty of coins to keep bidding.

The listing ended and now my coin balance is still just 2.3m. 

And they replied with this:

Thank you for contacting EA help.

you just spent 2200300 coins in bidding on a item and purchased it on FEB/23/19 AT 11:08 PM.

Unfortunately we are unable to validate your claim.

Had it been possible for me to do so, I would have done it without taking a second, however option for this is not available.

And then I replied with this

Sheetal - you’re lying to me.

It is possible for you to validate my claim because you wrote to me the exact amount that I placed my final bid at. $2,200,300. You wrote that to me. So that means you know how much I bid. And you also must know that I WAS NOT THE WINNER OF THE AUCTION!

If you can see the logs of the amount I bidded then you can see the result of the auction as well and see that I did not win it. Therefore my account balance should not have been debited!

I demand to talk to your Service Manager if you insist on closing my case and not getting to the bottom of this!  

Message 3 of 7 (693 Views)

★★ Novice

Can an admin please help me with this issue

customer support keeps giving me the run around claiming I made a “purchase”. They have no clue what they are doing. I was bidding on an auction, lost the auction, and the coins never went back to my balance after the auction ended 

Message 4 of 7 (661 Views)

★ Expert
Damn bro. That really sucks. This kind of thing is exactly why we need another layer of support that issues can be escalated to. If this is what it sounds like then es just took 2.3 million coins and you got nothing in return.
We need a higher level of customer service for exactly issues like this. It's really a shame that when these things happen we have absolutely no recourse.
Message 5 of 7 (654 Views)

★★ Novice

The good news is my persistent insistence that this actually happened to me (i kept “resuming” (reopening) the incident ticket, they’ve finally Escalated to their engineering team to investigate. It’s been with them for one day. I’ll keep you updated 

Message 6 of 7 (612 Views)

★ Expert
Yes, please do. Hopefully the "it's with the engineering team" response isn't just another tactic to blow you off.
Message 7 of 7 (599 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More