Re: Lost attempts

by SyndicatE1424

Original Post

Lost attempts

★ Guide

Lost 2 attempts because the game kept searching for opponents, and initiated matches after the cancel button was pressed. It was a few minutes later I got a popup saying I lost the match because I disconnected from the match. This happened a second time as well. I was already in the store by the time the popup came.

Screenshot_20181206-123018_Overdrive.jpg
Message 1 of 15 (966 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had exactly the same thing happen, it is crazy that you lose when you sit for over 5 minutes waiting on an opponent and then they get a win and u get a loss, come on EA make this right.

Message 2 of 15 (940 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler
Teeth bared

I had exactly the same thing happen, it is crazy that you lose when you sit for over 5 minutes waiting on an opponent and then they get a win and u get a loss, come on EA make this right.

Message 3 of 15 (939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here is a screeshot of the forfeit 

Screenshot_20181206-155717_Overdrive.jpg
Message 4 of 15 (928 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here is a screeshot of the forfeit 

Message 5 of 15 (927 Views)

★ Guide

Good idea.

Showing the 2 forfeits

Screenshot_20181206-160856_Overdrive.jpg
Message 6 of 15 (922 Views)

★ Guide
Now without even playing a match, I have lost my last attempt for just closing the game and restarting the game. I didn't press play. I had to pay for that last attempt and it was just stolen from me. This is not cool, EA. I would like this attempt back or some sort of reimbursement.
Message 7 of 15 (913 Views)

★ Apprentice

Me too!

Message 8 of 15 (892 Views)

★★ Novice

Exact same issue.  

I pressed play to start a match then immediately cancelled it. Backed out of the tourney (making sure it didn't throw a match at me even after cancelling) to the home screen. Then closed out the app to drive home after work. Next time I open the app I get a popup saying I had lost a match due to forfeit. Checked the tourney history and sure enough, there it was, and there I was missing a ticket. 

On to EA help to see if I could get the ticket reimbursed. 

Was 1st told by EA"when you start the match the tokens are used up then and there instantly and then the matching is made. But you cancelled it soon after you started the match but the player searching in the background was already going who might have selected an opponent for you but when you cancelled it, the game was left by you and hence the match was forfeited from your end and that is why you token was used and the match was forfeited by you."

Then was later told - "And I think that I might have delivered message in a wrong way, actually, I meant to tell you was that cancelling a match always leaves a match in between and it means forfeiting the match."

I purposely attempted to cancel another match to see if the previous statement held water. Pressed play waited a second, then cancelled, much like I had in the original issue, and waited. Nothing. No token lost no forfeited match. Being that I was on my last token I wasn't going to chance it again (in the name of science Wondering )

EA's last response was to post in the community forums to gain traction as this is where the developers "take their leads".

What's the point of having the cancel button if it doesn't properly cancel the match. I don't think it's fair that we should lose an attempt for their mistake. 

Message 9 of 15 (864 Views)

★ Expert
I agree man. If a cancel is an automatic forfiet and loss of attempt then there shouldn't even be a cancel option. And even so there should be some sort of confirmation pop up asking if you are sure that if you proceed you will forfiet and lose the attempt. Hopefully that's something they will add.
Message 10 of 15 (842 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More