Re: If you are not in an American time zone, Madden Overdrive has become even ha

by shanedd07

Original Post

If you are not in an American time zone, Madden Overdrive has become even harder

★★★★★ Novice

If you are not in an American timezone, you will have noticed something concerning about the timing of events this season. I'm not referring to live events related to NFL games, but other events where the timing is dictated by EA.

EA decided to introduce events that reset 3 times a day with the following times available for each event: 6 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours. The problem with this is if you are not in an American timezone, one of these 6 hours blocks is sure to occur during the night when you are sleeping, thus depriving you of the opportunity to play. Of the recent events, TOTY fell into this category, but one could also add Ultimate Freeze events and a few others too.

I thought that things had improved with the Combine event, where there are 3 rolling events that each run for 24 hours - excellent news! But then, the Color Clash is worse. For in that 12 hour block, there is only 1 event available, instead of 2 each in the 6 hour blocks.

Look at it this way, let's say with TOTY, there are 6 events per day that allow you to gain the tokens to play the other events. But if you are sleeping during one of the 6 hour blocks (if you are in Europe or Asia) you can only play 4 events per day. You lose a third of the opportunities. However, with Color Clash, of the 5 events during a 24 hour period, you can only play 3 of them - thus missing out on 40% of available events.

The solution to this is to follow the lead of the Combine events, and maybe have a reset of 12 hours for each event instead of the current 24 hours. That way all can access every event if they choose to log into the game wherever they are in the world.

This current system is making the difficult job of completing sets even harder if players are not in an American timezone. I can see little point in continuing to grind though this game if I am subjected to such a severe handicap on almost every event program.

Message 1 of 2 (461 Views)

Re: If you are not in an American time zone, Madden Overdrive has become even ha

★★★★★ Novice

And so this problem continues - new Elimination Tournament rules: 'Tournaments will run every Monday and Friday from 4 PM EST to 12 AM EST;

This disadvantages people not in the North American time zone - for people in the European time zones, this starts at either 9pm or 10pm or even later.

These should be 24 hour events so everyone has an equal chance to participate.

Message 2 of 2 (343 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More