Re: Here's what I found..

by rpluumy

Original Post

★★★ Pro
It would be one thing had we not been spending all of the money we do. I'd still be a lil upset about it, but probably wouldn't care to call them out on it to the point I get banned for my truth though. I am pay to play because I like playing this game and interacting as much as I can, including building my team and getting as much of a legal advantage as I can. None of us are saying we shouldn't lose nor or we mad about doing so, but, something just isn't right when those things start to happen all of a sudden and with the teams they do. The vast majority of games I lose are to teams waaaay lower than me in ovr and because my players are dropping every pass I throw to them and all of a sudden the defense is playing like we still have 120 ovr players this season.
Message 31 of 51 (471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I did some research regarding this.

Win rate is set to approximately 50% (comment by EA).

EA claims it achieves that with a MMR in place (Matchmaking rating system). When you win, your rating goes up, matching you to a slightly more difficult opponent. And so on, until you start losing, then you are matched up to a slightly more lower opponent. That’s how they claim it is done, when you play better than others, the game manages so you will eventually lose. I don’t know if DDA (Dynamic difficulty adjustment) is the same. But I think it’s basically the same.

From a gamers perspective I can understand that, you want your game to be challenging otherwise gamers probably lose interest. But the ppl who are F2P or spend moderately will have a problem with this system, because at one time they will hit a wall of the big cashers who are have the best team, but maybe are not so skilled but will win by brute force. I think that’s why the put nerfing in place. But you kill skilled players.

I think the original system is designed to keep games interesting and keep them from becoming dull. This might work in games which you buy and are fully skill based from there, with no model of earning money by microtransactions behind it. This F2P game (and most other games by EA) are P2W and I think the system is misused to get the microtransactions going.

I think this system is not originally designed to use nerfing, or at least not in the way and extend EA is doing it. When you are the best, you are the best, period… based on skill. But nerfing is so clearly present in this game, it’s sometimes painful to watch and play. It feeds frustration and kills players who grind and work on their skills to achieve something.

If you combine MMR with DDA and nerfing, it’s a deadly combination. Way over the top.

Also unclear is if nerfing is the same for everybody. Do the top players (or cashers for that part) also experience this as lower players do? No idea.

The silence by EA around this subject is deafening.

I have feeling EA doesn’t like critical questions by their player base and don’t acknowledge the frustration by their players.

Also not acknowledging fundamental problems brought up and the lack of fixing them gives a feeling that the players a nothing more than a ATM and the game a cash grab. 

https://www.muthead.com/forums/madden-nfl-mobile/madden-nfl-mobile-discussion/1422991-are-matches-ju...

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/electronic-arts-is-using-dynamic-difficulty-adjustments-in-multiple-g...

Message 32 of 51 (410 Views)

★ Guide

Apparently my former post was removed... in my opinion I wrote nothing wrong...

So here it is again:

I did some research regarding this.

Win rate is set to approximately 50% (comment by EA).

EA claims it achieves that with a MMR in place (Matchmaking rating system). When you win, your rating goes up, matching you to a slightly more difficult opponent. And so on, until you start losing, then you are matched up to a slightly more lower opponent. That’s how they claim it is done, when you play better than others, the game manages so you will eventually lose. I don’t know if DDA (Dynamic difficulty adjustment) is the same. But I think it’s basically the same.

From a gamers perspective I can understand that, you want your game to be challenging otherwise gamers probably lose interest. But the ppl who are F2P or spend moderately will have a problem with this system, because at one time they will hit a wall of the big cashers who are have the best team, but maybe are not so skilled but will win by brute force. I think that’s why the put nerfing in place. But you kill skilled players.

I think the original system is designed to keep games interesting and keep them from becoming dull. This might work in games which you buy and are fully skill based from there, with no model of earning money by microtransactions behind it. This F2P game (and most other games by EA) are P2W and I think the system is misused to get the microtransactions going.

I think this system is not originally designed to use nerfing, or at least not in the way and extend EA is doing it. When you are the best, you are the best, period… based on skill. But nerfing is so clearly present in this game, it’s sometimes painful to watch and play. It feeds frustration and kills players who grind and work on their skills to achieve something.

IF you combine MMR with DDA and nerfing, it’s a deadly combination. Way over the top.

Also unclear is if nerfing is the same for everybody. Do the top players (or cashers for that part) also experience this as lower players do? No idea.

The silence by EA around this subject is deafening.

I have feeling EA doesn’t like critical questions by their player base and don’t acknowledge the frustration by their players.

Message 33 of 51 (459 Views)

★ Expert
Well said. I have no idea why that post would be removed. Other than it brings up facts that they would prefer to remain hidden.
And the silence is deafening. The complete lack of acknowledgment says volumes.
Great post @rpluumy
Message 34 of 51 (450 Views)

★★★ Pro
Not even surprised it was removed. I've been down that road as well my fellow Madden brethren. Hope they don't ban you, but we all know how truth isn't welcomed here if it's not in their best interest. But nonetheless, that just shows they see what we post and inquire about but just choose not to respond. Smh. The sad part about all of this is that this game couldn't do no wrong at one point in time now they drag it further in the pit with each update and promo they put out. We went 5-6 (around January or February) last season before they finally acknowledged that the coaches didn't even work (AT ALL) and even then, it was because to many players were on them about it and they couldn't "sweep it under the rug" anymore. It's sad that we have to beg, plead, fight, scratch and claw for everything little thing just to play their game. I mean, how bad could it really be to just start doing better by us and fixing these problems? I don't think that's asking for much, especially, considering how much we spend on and in this game. We shouldn't even be having this conversation.
Message 35 of 51 (442 Views)

★★★ Pro
And another thing while I'm currently going through it, how is it that these cornerbacks and safeties have way more catch in traffic and truck than the actual wide receivers and running backs? No matter what they break 3 -4 tackles on average before being brought down, meanwhile I can't even break one and I fumble on top of that and my wr's and te drops wide open passes even though their ratings and ovr shows they shouldn't as much as they do, if at all. How and why does this happen and at the rate it does?
Message 36 of 51 (421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My removed post is back !?!

See also the links. Interesting stuff

@EA you are letting us down. Please share your thoughts and vision..

Message 37 of 51 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Seems like EA had abandoned this forum entirely. Not a single post by EA for days now

Message 38 of 51 (387 Views)

★★★ Pro
Yea that's usually what they do.
Message 39 of 51 (376 Views)

★ Expert
I think Monday is there big catch up day. But it's seems like they only answer the top 10 or so posts.
Message 40 of 51 (370 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More