Game crashes, can't play.

by JD9121

Original Post

Game crashes, can't play.

★★ Novice

Trying to play Madden overdrive on a Moto g5 plus (which has ogles 3.2 and 2gb ram so it should definitely be compatible), but the game either crashes during the loading of an event or immediately when the field graphics are shown. I get a black screen or kicked out to my android home screen. I've tried: reinstalling, starting a new account, deleting all app data, clearing the app cache, and changing graphics settings. Nothing has worked. Any way to fix this or do I have to wait for an EA patch? 

Message 1 of 25 (3,399 Views)

Re: Game crashes, can't play.

★★★★ Novice

I have the same Moto G5+ phone and none of the events work. I've tried similar "fixes" but nothing has worked so far. I'm glad I'm not the only one... hope EA fixes this soon!

Message 2 of 25 (3,319 Views)

Overdrive WILL NOT work with Moto Z2 Play

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a Moto Z2 Play that I bought in February 2018 and Overdrive will not work on anything besides the menu of the game. The game crashes as soon as I load into an event or overdrive. Its a Moto Z Play 2. I've changed the settings from high to medium to low to very low. And I've cleared cache, I've connected and disconnected my accounts, logged in and out at least a dozen times and I've uninstalled and installed the game at least ten time.

I'm just frustrated and I'm not sure if there's anything else I can do. Ugh...

It has 3gigs of RAM (Snapdragon 626) and thats over minimum requirements and the GPU is Adreno 506 GPU @ ~650 MHz. That meets minimum requirements too. Something needs to be fixed because I've heard of other Moto phones experiencing the same problems. 

[Edit: Removed some formatting]

Message 3 of 25 (3,288 Views)

Re: Overdrive WILL NOT work with Moto Z2 Play

Hero (Retired)
Your graphics might be too high for your phone and arent loading the items properly. To lower graphics, head into Settings by clicking the gear icon on the top left of the slide-out menu, then select edit "Preferences". There will be an option for "Quality" that lets you adjust the graphic detail.
Message 4 of 25 (3,244 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thank you for the posts, I've seen others with G5+ phones reporting the same thing.

Can I check if you have the graphics slider in your menu? @RisingSuns you of course mention tweaking graphics, but different phones can have different graphical options. 

To check, tap the menu button in the top left, then the settings icon, then Preferences > Quality. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 25 (3,267 Views)

★★★★ Novice

David - Thanks for following up in the forum. I'm sure these past few days have been a blur for everyone involved with the rollout of Madden Overdrive.

Below is what my Preferences -> Visual Quality menu looks like. Overdrive defaults to Medium. The slider goes down to Very Low. I see the same behavior at Very Low as I do at Medium. Let me know if you need anything else. I'm happy to help get this issue resolved!

James

Preferences

Message 6 of 25 (3,245 Views)

★★ Novice

After my 4th or 5th reinstall and changing the graphics options I've gotten it to work. It still locks on Medium, but not low or very low. I tried changing the graphics Everytime I reinstalled, so I'm not really sure what happened that it's finally working. I'd say keep reinstalling until it works for you!

Message 7 of 25 (3,232 Views)

Re: Overdrive WILL NOT work with Moto Z2 Play

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly what's happening to me as well, I have a Moto Z2 play and the whole start up of the app works but the game instantly crashes once I'm about to load in to a overdrive or live event. Everything else in the game is working for me

Message 8 of 25 (3,204 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The game now works for me. Not sure if EA updated something on their end or if the multiple install/uninstalls did the trick, but it works now!

Message 9 of 25 (3,189 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the updates. 

@chillicheesin Are you able to play now? Can you try lowering your settings and see if that helps?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 25 (3,063 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More