Defensive strategy in lvl. 3-4 nickel package?

by jaero413

Original Post

Defensive strategy in lvl. 3-4 nickel package?

★ Apprentice

I'm a big fan of the new addition of defensive strategy. I really like the idea of it,  but Madden overdrive doesn't have enough of the right plays right now to make it work. If I build my team with 3 run stopping linemen and 2 pass rushing outside linebackers, there is not a play in nickel that works to that alignment. I'm left with either making my run stopping defensive ends trying to rush the passer so I can have better pass coverage, or leaving my defense in base 3-4 on 3rd and long and my nickel and dime backs never see the field. Can we get an update that involves some 3-4 friendly defensive plays? Maybe some 2-4 nickel or 2-3/1-4 dime?  Currently the only alignment that isn't broken is 4-3, unless your team is set up for a 3-4 defense, then the whole idea of defense is broken. Especially in overdrive where almost every defensive play is nickel or dime. Creates a very unbalanced experience unles your team is built to run in nickel and dime the whole game, but that's not the nfl

Message 1 of 2 (914 Views)

Re: Defensive strategy in lvl. 3-4 nickel package?

★ Apprentice

It would take designing a 3-4 based ai system for overdrive, but maybe we could get a toggle switch on the defensive line up screen for either a 4-3 or 3-4 design? That way we aren't handcuffed to the 4-3 alignment. I'm not a fan of that aspect. 

Message 2 of 2 (850 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More