Blitzing vrs zoning MM19-20

by kelleysheros

Original Post

Blitzing vrs zoning MM19-20

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

can ea create a blitz pick up on offense and fix the oline blocking where they throw players in rb.  Can they not block the players to the inside on an outside run?  And can they hold a block longer.  They dont hold then long and move on to next block.

other part is can we fix the defense blitzing and backing out of blitz after a throw is made.  Thus its creating a pick.  My offense never makes adjustments to anything. Why does the defense get to for everything?   They either need to blitz or not but both is kinda bs. 

Message 1 of 7 (538 Views)

Re: Blitzing vrs zoning MM19-20

★ Expert
@kelleysheros I think that backing out of a blitz on a pass is linked to play recognition. But they should be rushing the passer full out on a blitz. I've also noticed the lbs prematurely backing out of a blitz. Almost like they knew the pass was coming before the qb did... Lol
Message 2 of 7 (517 Views)

★ Guide

Thats what im seeing.  But my wrs tes rbs cant make adjustments to ball.  Plr works 2 ways.  

Message 3 of 7 (509 Views)

Community Manager

@kelleysheros 

Blocking is an area the team is looking to improve for this upcoming Madden season. Do you pick formations with a fullback? I tend to have a lot more success with a FB blocking in the backfield.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 7 (501 Views)

★ Expert
@EA_Blueberry I use spread bro. I think there might be 2 plays in the whole playbook that call for a fullback.. Lol
Message 5 of 7 (497 Views)

★ Guide

I do but there arent very many times he blocks closest blocker.  They skip to the secondary. And fullback/te blocking is very minimal for plays. Alot of help would be the speeds.  All 99s for every player speed is not helping the play calling.  

Example

Smashmouth that sweep play with fb in.  Fb engages safety not a lb.  de throws his guy into me not block him to inside making me lose yards on a stumble. They also let go of the des too fast to hit next tier creating no blocking.  

Oline on outside plays need to push their players away from RB at all times. FB needs to block lbs not safeties.  Te needs to carry a lb or de as well.   There should also be a blitz pickup choice per 1st down.  

There is minimal things the offense does to make adjustments compared to what defense does .

@EA_Blueberry 

Message 6 of 7 (490 Views)

★ Guide

I use spread with mcdermott as well

Message 7 of 7 (489 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More