overdrive - my players are dead

by vofshibice

Original Post

overdrive - my players are dead

★★ Newbie

my players are dead in overdrive!

in the last 24 hours or so, my players are incapable of doing anything in overdrive. cant run 10 yards against teams 4+ OVR weaker than me, cant pass a s***, blockers sometimes don't even move... i don't know what happened but this is frustrating. ea sports is ruining this game for me. For the last few days i had a feeling overdrives is working on binary basis... if you get 1 before the match, you will win no matter how weaker than your opponent you are (i had wins like that against 83 and 84 OVR teams in which games i scored with no problem at all... even had close to 2k points in one game against 83 OVR team). if you get 0, you will loose no matter how much stronger you are than your opponent (too much examples of it in the last few days. in one game against 4 OVR weaker opponent with +4 OVR on power, my team only made 33 rushing yards and 15 pass yards!?. I know i'm no pro, but being in top 500 in overdrive, i'm also no newbie. i tried different boosts, nothing... my wrs are dropping catches or not even going for the ball, opponents safety teleports wherever he's needed... i am furious!

What the f*** is going on?

Message 1 of 2 (212 Views)

Re: overdrive - my players are dead

Champion
@vofshibice Unfortunately this is something that you will just have to accept as part of the overdrive experience. Sometimes your team will be fine and the game will be winnable, other times everything that you try will be hopeless and it feels like an automatic loss. There really isn't much that you can do about it. Take it from someone who has been top 100 before - it's one of the reasons that I don't play overdrive anymore.

My suggestion is don't worry about "what works" and just do what is best for you as a player. Find the scheme you are most comfortable with making good reads for. Find a few plays in that scheme for each play type that work the best against challenges (long pass, short pass, play action, run). Coach choice is also important, but it is also preference to some degree. Obviously power at higher ranks can be a big factor as well, but it seems that you're keeping up with that. Overdrive is more about grinding and playing a lot.

“I don’t care if a dude is purple with green breath as long as he can swing.”

Black-Champions-Logo

Message 2 of 2 (192 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More