Re: here is why overdrive is the worst competitive gamemode in history

by thalastg

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

the result is known before the match starts, just you shouldnt see it, an software bug

Message 11 of 17 (374 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

unfortunately i dont disagree, at least it feels like it

Message 12 of 17 (366 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Reminds me of the 80's movie "War Games" the only way to win is to not play the game lol

Message 13 of 17 (353 Views)

★ Expert
@Zeekmoses
Overdrive is broken af right now. I tried to like, I tried to defend it, but the more I play it the more I hate it.
Now I do understand that when I lose, that means someone else is winning but based on everyone I talk to or read comments from all have the same story. Constant pass drops, quarterback holding the ball, non existent blocking, 10 yard overthrows... The list goes on and this is happening in at least 75 percent of the matches I play.
It feels like I'm playing in mud while the defense is playing on performance enhancing drugs.
Now the OD matches that you're required to play in the masters series aren't like that. So why does it have to be that way in competition mode?
It's not fun to play at all, and it's really the only decent way to get whistles for coach upgrades.
Take out all the algorithms you have in overdrive and actually let us play straight up and overdrive will be a great, exciting and fun mode to play.
Message 14 of 17 (341 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@thalastg I agree with everything you said except I cannot call overdrive a competitive mode being that EA predetermine the outcome
Message 15 of 17 (332 Views)

★ Expert
@Sp3w4567 Good point
Message 16 of 17 (315 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Sp3w4567this mode shouldnt ever be implemented in the game, not even good enough to play a siderole.

i know exactly how it went back then lol. they thought that they wanted something fresh without beeing it themself lol, that itself never plays out smoothly. someone very uncreative came up out of pure desperation with the catchword 'fantasy football' - all the other uncreatives got instantly hooked - they pitched it - it got signed off from somebody who has no, i mean zero, clue about gaming at all but got hooked too by the catchword alone. eh viola, there you have it

but you are thechnically abloutely right yes - it isnt even a competitive mode. maybe thats even the biggest problem as it is treated, played and presented as one. from all parties involved - from the user to the producer. my days are numbered with this game

Message 17 of 17 (291 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More