Re: here is why overdrive is the worst competitive gamemode in history

by thalastg

Original Post

here is why overdrive is the worst competitive gamemode in history

★★★ Apprentice

here is why everyone hates this stupid gamemode.

1.) bc of the purley tempobased nature of this clownish gamemode skill is rendered into some minuscule almost nonexistent nonsense

2.) bc of the limited plays you can call due to time restriction, your guys potential influence to affect the outcome (some may even call it rigged) is enormous. if you put together the possible very unfavorable coverages on plays you call - that alone would be a huge parameter on timebased matchmodes since the limited plays you are able to call due to time, but if you add magical defensive behavior (i dont wanna discriminate defensive positions but corners and safeties come to my mind first), add the magical unability kicking-in of the qb to sometimes even not be able throw the ball at all (!!) - let alone over and underthrows. you create a gamemode where skill is a minimal factor, but skill should b the only factor in any competitive gameplay.

3.) nobady wanna be part of this scripted nonsense. who am i? a marionette? you should be grateful i spend valueable lifetime on your guys game in first place

not even two weeks in and i already hate this game with passion

not even mentioning the constant nto's, no indicator if items are able to be put in sets (you think i click 8x per team [8*32=256] to check it every time for a ovr 72? - well, hahah, no!), the stamina waste if your game ntos and are not able to resume in master series (at least training events), the stupid need to wait on arena games to finish and not be able to spin for the next matchup, the unbalanced reward structure of h2h tokens, the senseless blue, withe and red arena tokens since you only get a bronze badge no matter what color you trade in

thats a potpourri of just bad decissions on your end (maybe even inability of simply just not getting it at all) - my only question is, who is signing this of? its mindblowing.

i guess i give it a few more days till perma deinstall and never coming back - this is a timewaste like many things but this bs doesnt make even fun

Message 1 of 17 (1,042 Views)

★ Expert
@thalastg Tell us how you really feel!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Message 2 of 17 (1,029 Views)

★ Expert
@thegatorfan122
Honesty, this game is far from perfect, like we all knew it would be. There are a lot of things that need to be cleaned up.
But overall it's a better experience than last year. They did address a lot of issues, especially downfield and lead blocking. And the gameplay is smoother and the graphics are on point.
It's never gonna be perfect, there are always gonna be things we don't like. But from what I can see the problems that everyone is having with the game is happening to everyone, so it's not like our opponents aren't struggling with the same issues.
I expect a lot of these things will be addressed this year. EA seems to have actually put a much bigger focus on player feedback and are already working on gameplay issues like the qb not throwing the ball.
Now I'm no EA honk, as anyone here will tell you. I've had my own personal battles with this company and it's support staff, but I am not ready to crucify them this season.
As long as they keep listening to us.
Message 3 of 17 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@thegatorfan122good that you wrote a second reply bc the first one was sadly a nowadays standard internet smartassing without any substance to the topic. i simply overlook it in your favor Standard smile

i aint talking about electronic arts problems as a corporation. they need mulit-year shifts to change my position on them. this ea stuff aint an artificial thing, its a company who is run by humans who make decissions. decissions have consequences. those who make the decissions have imo no clue what they doing bc they try to manage a sector they dont seem to really understand. all indicates that this is a terrible run company on almost all executive levels.

back to topic, unfortunately you didnt refute my statements about overdrive, why i wrote what i wrote, a terrible non fixable competitive gamemode, maybe even ever. bc it is - sorry its that simple.

if we now discuss that the qb should be theoretical be able to throw the ball at all at an american football game in 2019 - we are removing us in velocity of light from a serious debate and even further from 'why overdrive is the worst competitive gamemode ever'.

if they listening, cool - read what i wrote, iisten and learn. overdrive will never work and is rotten from roots to top as a gamemode and will never work let alone satisfy. i aint playing this game to run 365 a minefield pacour or pass to the primary reciever. i play to battle others. if that dont work i'm outta here for good and i'm 100% not pampering or coddle a multibillion public traded company run by grown folks who make imho terrible decissions. and its not just one, i'm talkng streaks

good day sir gatorfan

Message 4 of 17 (1,011 Views)

★★★ Pro
@thalastg He wasn't trying to refute anything you wrote. It was more of a "yea, sure, but, at least" type of response.
Message 5 of 17 (987 Views)

★ Expert
@Humdinger504 You get it brother. But then you know me well.
Yes, overdrive is terrible. EA dips thier fingers in it too much so it is not truly a fair competitive mode. They manipulate the outcome of each match so its not truly me vs you.
There are, however, many other facets to this game. And those areas are much improved in my opinion.
If you don't like overdrive, play a different game mode.
Simple
Message 6 of 17 (980 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Humdinger504thx for the translation - yeah, maybe i did misread gators response a lil bit

@thegatorfan122arena h2h sucks too and is, but its just a feeling i have, not very well populated. i played a couple games and i would bet that i played 70% of the time an ai-opp. the rewards suck, in fact there are none. the mandatory waiting between matchups is killing every flow, if there would be one.

bugs all over the place and i didnt even played it that much. look at them pics its ridiculous. one game starts with a score of 430(!) to 205(!) lol. the other game i lost but got a win pack and could continue just like nothing happend.

thank god there is no leaderboard bc some would need to use the very very complex type of calculation called addition to generate one. or should it be based on points scored? i mean i got 430 out of one matchup lol. maybe win-loss ratio? i'm cool with that either bc i pocket W's with actual losing the gd matchup.

in general i aint a pessimistic person, quite the opposite to be honest, but i have a hard time ignoring reality

IMG_2403.jpg
IMG_2404.jpg
Message 7 of 17 (973 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ea just in case you are reading this and try to iron out bugs - here is some additional intel if it helps.
the game started 430-205 and it was finished 430-205. (i scored and i'm positive the opp as well).
second ss speaks for itself. play by play was correct and in fact the actual score displayed 'just' the win/loss was bugged
Message 8 of 17 (969 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ea, yeah before i forget it, i want somebody of you guys to chime in and tell me why you, yes you specific, think od is dope and why you, yes you, really enjoy playing this totally awesome gamemode and how long you think you'll enjoy playing this 'win one, lose two, lose due nto, win one, lose one, win two, close app, lose two, lose one, lose two, win one, lose due nto, win two, lose one, close app'-thingy you call gamemode and everybody else by the simple name of scripted bs

thx in advance, i think its fair to ask since you created this and hopefully should be standing behind what you concepted last year and everbody gave u all year headwinds on this.

what was the finale thought to give it a go a second time? sadism? lack of everything that counts? tell me i am all ear.
Message 9 of 17 (941 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

since there is no indication of how and why, it wouldnt be too shabby to implement it, or communicate what highly sophisticated mathematical theorem kicked in here to calculate the outcome. would be very neat since we learned earlier that 12 can be valued higher than 14 under certain extreme conditions i'm good with every explaination. thx

IMG_2413.jpg
Message 10 of 17 (922 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More