Re: arena crash!?!?!

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

arena crash!?!?!

★★★★ Guide

this game lags, freezes and crashes in all modes. this is on EAs end. we have all done the suggested trouble shooting steps. stop blaming us and fix the app.

also ea needs to return my arena attempt. I started a match, the game loaded and before I could even select my return the app crashed. I lost the match and attempt because the app crashed again!

Message 1 of 14 (972 Views)

★ Expert
@Sp3w4567 I agree. I've been the victim of many a nto and crash for no reason both in OD and arena. The day it happens in lvl and costs us a match I'm storming the castle.. Lol... Seriously, please fix this.
Message 2 of 14 (947 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@thegatorfan122 I've had it happen in l v l 3 times this season just after I scored 2pt conversion. luckily each time I was still credited with the points. today my league lost 2 drives due to nto
Message 3 of 14 (940 Views)

Community Manager

@Sp3w4567 

Do you get a network timeout error when it crashes or does the app just minimize/close? The team is actively aware of network timeout issues and investigating those. I can imagine that's extremely frustrating, thanks for letting us know about how it's affecting your enjoyment of the game. 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 14 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberrythe app just closes.
It just happened again.
completed a pass on my first drive to juju. he was hit immediately and fumbled. my opponent recovered the fumble and then the app closed.
that is another attempt lost. now I don't play or spend stamina to get another attempt.
is ea going to compensate for this?

Message 5 of 14 (889 Views)

Community Manager

@Sp3w4567 

What type of device do you play on and what is the software version for it? There was a well known crashing issue not long ago that was resolved, but if basic troubleshooting isn't working we'll need to make sure we gather some user examples.

Can you just confirm with me you've tried all the steps in the link below for your device? It's not mentioned, but deleting the app and reinstalling it is advised in the event it could be corrupted files.If you synced up your game to Google/Facebook/Apple you can safely delete the app and reinstall it without losing progress. 

There is a graphics slider in game that can be adjusted. I was having some lag/stuttering on my older device because the game set it to high settings by default, so once I lowered it down the issue was resolved. If you have Android, some devices have "gaming mode" that can be enabled. On my Samsung device I use the device maintenance tool in settings to help boost performance too. Hopefully this all helps because fumbling can be disappointing, but a crash immediately right after that would just about do it for me! Disappointed

Our goal is to try and avoid this from happening to you, but it helps give the dev team more assurance it's on their end if we can let them know all of these steps were tried and it's still not working.

iOS Mobile Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Android

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 14 (868 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry I have previously gone through the troubleshooting steps. when I have more time this weekend I'll go through them again and give ya more feedback then
Message 7 of 14 (842 Views)

Community Manager

@Sp3w4567 

Hey I just got back into the office from an extended vacation. Have things improved since we last talked about this? Hopefully you were able to avoid this going forward or found a fix.

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 14 (793 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Arena has been better. OD has been really bad with ntos and force closes still. Other game modes ntos and force closes happen occasionally.

The kickoff season mode was the worst. Of the 17 games I played three that did not have issues. Black screens throughout each game off and on and on average 4 force close /ntos per game.

Message 9 of 14 (784 Views)

★ Expert
@Sp3w4567 Good Jesus man, that's a lot of problems... I didn't experience those issues to that degree... That is insane. I woulda broke my phone... Lol
Message 10 of 14 (768 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More