The Yard - Next step not loading

by ascigliani

Original Post

The Yard - Next step not loading

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am stuck almost at the end of map 1-5 and everything before is checked and done. When I tap the white circle icon to keep moving forward it does not load and everything is covered by the pink smoke.

Been here for like 5 days already, PLEASE HELP

Screenshot_20200904-113206_Madden NFL.jpg
Message 1 of 35 (4,389 Views)

Re: The Yard - Next step not loading

Community Manager
@ascigliani Hey there!

What type of device do you play on and have you tried reinstalling the app yet to see if that helps fix the white circle event from not responding?

If you are playing on guest mode all your progress will be deleted. We always encourage players to load into the game via Google/Apple/FB to avoid saved progress loss.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 35 (4,334 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am on an android phone S10. Already tried reinstalling, clearing cache, everything ...

Message 3 of 35 (4,324 Views)

Community Manager
@ascigliani Have you checked to see if there are any software updates for the device?

Are you sure there isn't another node elsewhere you have to tap on? Sometimes the location to tap is slightly outside of the ring. Can you try tapping around the event to see if that helps?

I've also seen it where restarting the device and toggling WiFi off/on can help get events to load up.
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 35 (4,321 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry nothing works :/
Message 5 of 35 (4,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ascigliani Hope it’s not a bother, but what did you do to fix this as I am experiencing the exact same spot, being stuck
Message 6 of 35 (4,194 Views)

★ Apprentice
@jholt619wa I still have no resolution for this, please post it too so it gets attention!

I have spoken with a lot of representatives and they all say the same.
Message 7 of 35 (4,190 Views)

Community Manager

@ascigliani 

Hey there,

Are you sure there isn't a node elsewhere on the map that hasn't been activated yet? I unfortunately haven't been to that map yet, but sometimes the icons to tap might need to be tapped slightly around it and not exactly on it (that can be a bug, but that is the workaround to get it working).

When you tap though, try waiting about 5 seconds in between each tap. Sometimes there is a delay for the event to show up. 

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 35 (4,060 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi Blueberry,

Thanks for replying. I went back to previous maps and there are also white events but they also don't do anything when tapped. It seems like they never triggered anything and I just went by. I compared with a friend of mine and one of the events that did not do anything for me, for him cleared more pink smoke and revealed more events. What is even more strange is that I get checkmarks for those maps even though they appeared to not been completed in the first place. (See attached screenshot).  I tried tapping on them and waiting, tapping around them and nothing. So I still don't know what to do!

I made a recording of myself going through each map but it is to large to upload here, it is around 3 minutes long. If you think it would be helpful let me know a way that I can send it to you for revision. It could be discord, email, whatever works.

thank you!

Screenshot_20201025-211116_Madden NFL.jpg
Message 9 of 35 (4,041 Views)

Community Manager

@ascigliani 

Can you upload it to YouTube and provide the link here? I'll get this passed along. 

So when you compared it to your friend did you try tapping on the areas where it shows an event for him when the smoke is actually cleared? I wonder if the smoke is covering the events that are eligible for you to click on and it's a UI issue. 
Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 35 (4,030 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More