Re: Spin question for MM22

by MoodyBlues528

Original Post

Spin question for MM22

★★★★ Apprentice

I've been wondering about the new spin format for MM22.  Since there are designated spin numbers I'm just wondering about what is done in leagues where you have more than the allotted number.  For instance if you have 26 people available but the closes spin amount is 24 will it still spin but drop 2 people or will we need to trim the active player lineup ourselves to be able to even spin?

Message 1 of 5 (531 Views)

Champion

@MoodyBlues528 

It should still allow you to match despite attempting to spin with a number of active members that doesn’t meet the restricted spin numbers of 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 20, 24, or 28. 

If the number of teams marked active on the league lineup screen isn’t exactly 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 20, 24, or 28, then teams will just be auto-benched until the required number is met. It should bench people starting from the bottom of your lineup. Hypothetically, using your scenario say that you attempt to spin with 26 active members. It will auto-bench 2 of your active members from the bottom of your lineup, and will match you at 24 members with another 24 member league.

This will actually be tested out in MM21 starting tomorrow. The only difference being that there will be no minimum number needed to spin with (which is 8 members in MM22) to accommodate for smaller league sizes. The match start time will also remain at noon ET, opposed to the 1:00 pm ET start that will be implemented in MM22.

Banner AHQ Champion FIFA.png

Message 2 of 5 (508 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@hawskee  Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure if the burden of benching people was on us or on EA.

Interestingly when it spun today we had 21 in and got a 21 person match up. If they tested it I would assume the new spin format isn't working yet.

Message 3 of 5 (489 Views)

Champion

@MoodyBlues528 wrote:

@hawskee  Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure if the burden of benching people was on us or on EA.

Interestingly when it spun today we had 21 in and got a 21 person match up. If they tested it I would assume the new spin format isn't working yet.

@MoodyBlues528 

Yeah, I have seen a few leagues report they were able to spin and match at an odd number. Have seen a 21 member match brought up and a 13 member match. It seems to have some hiccups in that regard. Luckily with them implementing it now (roughly a week before MM22 launches), they can evaluate how things are looking and work to address any issues like this that get reported by people before it goes live in MM22.

Overall though from a balanced matchup standpoint, this new update seems to be achieving that. Just in the top 10 alone, Rank 1 matched Rank 2, Rank 3 matched Rank 6, Rank 4 matched Rank 5, and Rank 7 matched Rank 9.

Banner AHQ Champion FIFA.png

Message 4 of 5 (482 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@hawskee We had basically the same thing.  We're 145 and matched with 157 where in the past few days we've been matching anywhere from 250-450 which has been way off for them.  I'm good if we at least can balance somewhere in the range of our ranking.

Message 5 of 5 (476 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More