Re: Season Modes No Longer Award Diamond Players

by michaelkottler

Original Post

Season Modes No Longer Award Diamond Players

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am writing because prior to a few weeks ago whenever I won a game in season mode I was awarded at least one diamond player per win at least 50%.of the time. So in one season I would be awarded at least six of not more low-level diamond players (up to 93 OVR). But starting suddenly, at about the same time that elite players became virtually u sellable a few weeks ago, season mode stopped awarding any diamond players for season mode wins. I have now played through at least three or four RTTD and one Totd season mode and was not awarded a single diamond player. As I said, prior to the change I was awarded at least six diamond players per season, now for several weeks, none. Unless there is some issue on my end, obviously a change was made to no longer award diamond players for season mode wins and this strikes me as unfair and rather stingy on EA's part especially now that all elites are virtually impossible to sell at any price. In four weeks I have sold just one elite player at FAR less, like 1/10th of the mean or mode asking price and even 89 OVR elites won't sell for just 500 tokens, a steal for anyone looking to build team power. My point is, MM has ceased awarding diamond players for season mode wins and especially at a time when elites have become unsellable, I feel disappointed and even cheated. This change to no Diamond Players Awarded for season mode wins really hurts and seems unjust and I express this as a loyal Madden NFL Football fan who has been enjoying Madden since it was released for the Sega Genesis and who has been playing and supporting with cash purchases of premium items such as field passes MM for two seasons now. I urge you to please change season mode back to awarding diamond players again because without them, coupled with the unsellable elites phenomenon, the game has become much harder to progress in, less enjoyable, and it leaves me with a feeling of being cheated by team Madden who seem more interested in pressuring players to spend real money to keep their teams competitive than they do keeping the loyalty of MM fans and supporters like myself. Please don't write back insisting that no change was made to awards in season mode because it obviously has been changed and the difference in going from at least six low OVR diamond players per season to none is both blatantly obvious suggests a high level of stinginess on EA's part. It is my hope that you will write back with a sincere explanation and plans to address this issue because going from at least six diamond players per season mode completion to zero diamond players just isn't right. Thank you. - Michae

Message 1 of 4 (364 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Please excuse my typos. 

Message 2 of 4 (362 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I was able to pull 3 or 4 on this season mode. It's just how the chance of the pull goes. Sometimes it doesn't give the best cards but that's how it goes

Message 3 of 4 (324 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I sincerely appreciate your reply. And I would like to believe that's the case. But having now played through almost six full seasons and having been awarded just one diamond player when prior I was getting at least six per season, I have every reason to believe that this significant difference is statistically significant. Of course, to be 100% positive (have a population sample large enough to be confident in the results) I will need to complete 30 seasons. But almost six games into the virtually diamond-less season mode epoch I feel like there's been a change made. That being said, I will take your comment to heart and keep playing in good faith until I reach the 30 season point and revisit this topic. Thanks again for your reply to my post. When I questioned EA Help directly their response was to post here lol, which I had done 1st per your earlier advice in comments on a different subject. So, thank you. - Michael PS Regarding the phenomenon of unsellable elites reported by many players, in five weeks I have sold just one 89 OVR ToTD elite for 16k tokens. All other elite auctions, even 89 OVR players for just 750 tokens lasting 72 hours resulted in zero sales including Totd high OVR elites for 8% the mode asking price, which continues to strike me as an unusual circumstance. Last season we were selling elites up til the last week. Why are elites now virtually unsellable at any price? Players report not being able to sell 89 OVR elites for just 150 tokens. I've read a number of theories on this and am interested in hearing additional thoughts on the unsellable elites issue from intelligent, mature, and reasonable individuals. I am interested in the truth of the matter. EA claims it is a 100%.player demand driven issue. Players claim a variety of things including that the AH is bot-controlled and that our auction posts never actually get posted, which explains A LOT, and that the Bot itself does the buying and selling, compensating sellers,, but not a true free market at all. What is the truth? 

Message 4 of 4 (263 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More