“Resource download error” in Madden Overdrive

by payam24601

Original Post

“Resource download error” in Madden Overdrive

★★★ Newbie

Since the launch of season mode, i’m having this experience, first in-game crashes, then when I reinstalled this error pops up at “running practice drills” part of loading. It’s really irritating, and there seems to be no solution at this point.

BEA130E7-1E80-4747-B6AE-F2611C649928.png
Message 1 of 10 (2,037 Views)

Re: “Resource download error” in Madden Overdrive

Community Manager

@payam24601

As the error says, this is purely a connection issue.

Try switching between mobile data and a Wi-Fi connection and let us know if you are still unable to connect.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,930 Views)

★ Novice
Ive been have this problem too except that this message pops up every 1sec no matter whatever I do and I have amazing wifi
Message 3 of 10 (1,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It doesn't go away like that, i waited a couple of days then it solved itself. It's not gone by any means, it appears every once in a while but no longer at loading screen, so i can get inside play some game and hope it doesn't appear in an overdrive match. In other words, it's not as severe as before, but still an open case.

Message 4 of 10 (1,894 Views)

Community Manager

@darrelp193887 Hey, can you try swapping to a different connection/wifi and see if anything changes?

If things work on the other connection, you might want to try power cycling your home/main router. 

If the other connection also has issues, then we'll look at your device. To start with, can you try restarting your device?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,881 Views)

★ Novice
The problem still occures and the internet is brand new 1g xfinity WiFi and the phone is a Lg stylo 3 which ran the previous versions of the game perfect my provider is tmobile unlimited data with full bars so there should be any problems on my end?
Message 6 of 10 (1,877 Views)

★ Novice
Not to mention that others with newer phones also deal with this problem under the same circumstances.
Message 7 of 10 (1,876 Views)

Community Manager

@darrelp193887 As far as I'm aware that phone's CPU should be powerful enough for the game, so I'd like to try some phone troubleshooting. 

Can you try restarting your device to start, then boot up Overdrive without opening any other apps? Can I check that you have sufficient storage on your phone too? Overdrive uses 295 MB, and sometimes when you're installing a game, you'll need more room than the app will need when the install is finalised. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@payam24601 I have the same problem too. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
Message 9 of 10 (1,295 Views)

Community Manager
@1solidjames Try clearing up more space on your device and restart it.

If you're still running into this problem please create a new thread. I'm going to shut this discussion down because it's from 2018 and avoid further necroposting.
Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,278 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More