Please explain

by kalel111974

Original Post

Please explain

★ Apprentice

Why do you refuse to answer? Just played two overdrive matches. First game my power rating is 2550 there’s was 1350, yet it was me that couldn’t cross the line of scrimmage. In all reality I shouldn’t even have to try that hard to win. Yet I lose because I couldn’t run, every run play stopped behind the line of scrimmage, and I couldn’t pass because I had 6 more drops. I have the 98 rated John Ross and he dropped four passes. If I did a play action, mind you I have the spread captain and all but two of my offensive players are spread diamond III and rated at 100, but got sacked each time before QB could even set to throw. How is there 1359 rated team that much better than my 2550 rated team? Second game I was playing against a team with a power rating of 1500. Every time I built a lead there score jumped by 400 points. I didn’t fail a challenge so how did this happen. I figured one of the first two jumps had to be getting their captain’s bonus, but no, I was wrong. Last thirty seconds their score jumped by 500 points and then captain’s bonus, and of course I lose. Why do you refuse to fix the programming to keep these irregularities from happening? Players don’t win or lose by skill, your programming is determining the winners and losers.

Message 1 of 3 (399 Views)

Re: Please explain

★★★★★ Novice

Can understand this issue. I remember a while back playing a team that was 1000 power points weaker than me (my approximately 1100 points to their approximately 50) and my QB kept throwing inaccurately, my receivers couldn't catch, and my running players couldn't break tackles. As you guessed, I lost. I've noticed that having a slight power advantage is the game is a big negative, and one needs a large power advantage to have any fair chance of beating a weaker opponent, but even if you have that, it doesn't help at times. Seems like the winner of overdrive matches is predetermined at times. I found that playing an unranked match appeared to lessen this problem and because of this, I've not played a ranked match in a long time.

Message 2 of 3 (386 Views)

Can't run against lower rated teams

Community Manager

It's really tough to determine why you didn't win that game without knowing what items other team had, schemes/plays their team countered with, and what plays you chose. If you have a higher team overall that doesn't automatically guarantee victory. Skill is a major factor. When you come across situations like this again, is there any way you can record it so we can see live gameplay? (Don't take it as a shot at your skill level, but visually seeing what's happening can help our QA team reproduce these situations)

We track feedback like what others have been bringing up about dropped passes so the team is aware of what areas of the game drives frustration. This is a great topic for discussion and hope to see others bring some thoughts on this. Any suggestions for plays that work consistently when you're trying to run in 3rd or 4th down and short situations?

Discuss!

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 3 (367 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More