Re: Overdrive= overrated

by Sp3w4567

Original Post

Overdrive is a nuisance

★★★ Pro

Day after day, game after game I'm getting cheated and beaten by players who aren't even to level ten yet and didn't even bother to train their team, let alone, get new players. But, lo and behold, somehow, someway they still manage to beat me with one or two plays, literally. I'm losing to players who's coaches and captains are still level 1 or 2 and with majority bronze players. I'm level 20+ with an 80 offense and 79 defense. No matter what I do, it doesn't work or, like most of the time, they just always seem to have Madden on their side. I shouldn't have to be a full yard I the end zone for the touchdown. That needs to be fixed because I know I'm not the only one that happens to. My blockers either run clean past defenders without even attempting to chuck, let alone block them, they engage them, but don't follow through and finish the block only to run ahead of me where there's nobody there to block, at all, my linemen are letting cb's shed their blocks easily. When it comes to passing, I have to press the buttons 2 and 3 times and still even then, sometimes he doesn't throw it. When it comes to running the ball, well, the ball carrier period, they never have balance and are always almost falling and trying to regain balance. If you even run a tad bit to close to another player the ball carrier will get off balance and most likely that will cause him to fall (tackled). Instead of the players making tackles or any other type of football plays or it just looking like people playing football period, they always look like they're dying instead of being tackled or anything else as a result of playing football. Nothing was wrong with the kicking meter, that's one of thee only things nobody ever complained about with this game. Why did y'all change it? Can y'all put it back to how it was? Bring back regular Madden and regular football please. Nobody likes overdrive and nobody even likes the scoring. We don't want fantasy, we want regular American football. That's what's Madden is known for and that's why we play it. 

Screenshot_2018-09-01-13-05-06.png
Screenshot_2018-09-01-13-06-24.png
Screenshot_2018-09-01-13-06-31.png
Message 3 of 14 (719 Views)

Overdrive= overrated

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I think I speak for the vast majority of Madden mobile players when I say overdrive is a complete failure. Please bring back regular football. And since we're the ones playing the game and spending money, how about giving us a trial run to vote on moves and decisions like this instead of just rolling it out and having another epic fail and forum after forum of complaint after complaint. Why do YOU HAVE TO BE A WHOLE YARD IN THE END ZONE to get the touchdown? That's absurd. There's nothing tactical or scheme like about this season. It's spam play after spam play. Everybody uses two or three different plays. Since the update today, it's been crashing on me waaay more (like every few minutes way more, literally) than it did before, which was every now and then. It's killing me in overdrive because I'm losing fans and everything. I had to play a while game from the beginning because of it. I was in the fourth quarter. Y'all need to stop changing things that nobody complains about, which is rare for that to happen in the first place, e.g, the control stick (why make it smaller?), the kicking meter, why is it on the side? Just leave it alone. It's almost like y'all don't even test these things out before y'all implement them. Bring back regular football. The overdrive system is a bust, the scoring style is pointless, the schemes don't work (like the so called coaches last season), bring back the sets and the receivers don't fight for the ball. Half the time they barely even go for it. The blockers always run clean past a defender without even chucking him at least. And plus, even though I turned the music off, it's always still coming on after the game crashes on me, even though it still switched to off in the settings. Overdrive is an unnecessary headache. 

Message 1 of 14 (742 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
100%
Message 2 of 14 (699 Views)

Re: Overdrive is a nuisance

★★★ Pro

More

Screenshot_2018-09-01-13-06-43.png
Screenshot_2018-09-01-13-06-48.png
Screenshot_2018-09-01-13-06-55.png
Message 4 of 14 (714 Views)

★★★ Pro

More

Screenshot_2018-09-01-13-07-00.png
Screenshot_2018-09-01-13-00-55.png
Message 5 of 14 (713 Views)

★★★ Pro

Half of my whole body can be in the end zone and still not get the touchdown. This happens all the time, everyday. 

Screenshot_2018-09-01-12-55-43.png
Screenshot_2018-09-01-12-46-46.png
Message 6 of 14 (709 Views)

★★★ Pro

And this

Screenshot_2018-09-01-12-57-42.png
Message 7 of 14 (708 Views)

★★★★ Guide
same here!!! im having all the same issues.

EA, it is not the gamers!!!! it is your app!!!

too bad ea no help will not fix any issues
Message 8 of 14 (671 Views)

★★★★ Guide

cant take it any more,  ea is doing nothing to correct issues. i deleted the app

Message 9 of 14 (661 Views)

Overdrive is killing Madden and they're doing nothing about it.

★★★ Pro

Not only is something we constantly tell ea we don't want across multiple platforms, it being the focal point of Madden it completely ridiculous man. If you're going to keep it for h2h, that's one thing, but for it to be all end all on what's supposed to be Madden is bringing me one more post from writing this game and never coming back no matter what happens. Not only is overdrive destroying the game, it's taken all that was good about this app away. Within the last 4 or 5 days, the cornerbacks I've played against in overdrive have NOT dropped one interception. Not one. The receivers fight over the ball with each other more than they do against the defense. To be clear, the defenses I've played against in overdrive in the last week have NOT dropped one interception and on certain routes like when two receivers have similar routes on the same side of the field how is it possible for one defender to successfully cover both of them? How? For the kickoff events, they are one star, why do we have to play them multiple times because the computer is playing like it's 4 star difficulty? If it's supposed to be one star difficulty it should NOT be hard as it is and shouldn't have to be played multiple times. I've been playing this app since its inception so it's definitely not because I don't know how to play. We never get responses from anyone who actually works for ea so that adds on to our frustration. I'll be the first to say I love and enjoy Madden and want to continue playing it, but, it this keeps up, not getting my post acknowledged and these issues with overdrive, I'm following suit with sp3w4567 and just give up on this game. And I assure you it's not even that I think ea and this game should be perfect, I'd be wrong to try and hold y'all to that expectation, but how would you feel if you felt like the time, effort and money into something in vain and it wasn't valued? To be honest, it would make a world of difference and make whatever issues, for the most part, much less frustrating if the people who work for ea that monitors and run this forum would simply acknowledge our post to let us know we're not making them in vain. It doesn't matter that it's just a game, anybody, anywhere would feel some type of way if they've invested precious time and money into something only for it to feel like it's a waste. On behalf of Madden fans and players, of the app, please bring back regular Madden football and take the focus off of overdrive (it's preferred if you take overdrive out all together. We told y'all last season we don't even like the scoring style). I mean c'mon, it's regular football that Madden to be the powerhouse, premier football game that it is and we know and love in the first place.

Message 10 of 14 (741 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More