Re: Overdrive is unplayable

by saliententr0py

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@saliententr0py 

When the game crashes do you have other apps running in the background? That can slow down performance and result in apps no responding. How much free space do you have on your device?

I also just moved your other post into this one.

Blueberry.png
Message 21 of 89 (597 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

No, i close all apps. .. 

doesn't make a difference if there are apps running or not to be honest.

I have a 31gb free

Message 22 of 89 (586 Views)

Community Manager

What performance mode do you have your Note 8 on? Does it crash under other performance modes?

Blueberry.png
Message 23 of 89 (562 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

high performance. 

And yes, same result on all. 

Message 24 of 89 (559 Views)

Community Manager

@saliententr0py 

How long into playing until you start to experience this? If it's happening to all devices it possibly sounds network related. Are multiple devices in the house (phones, tablets, laptops, tvs, computers) are streaming, download, or browsing the internet at the same time when this occurs? They all share the same bandwidth so if multiple devices are are being used it can slow down connectivity.

Have you logged into your router's admin settings to see if there is a firmware update? That's fixed connectivity issues in other games. Some routers have QoS features where you can designate priorities where you want bandwidth to go.

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 89 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry @The moment I open up the app, it freezes at the loading wheel and sometimes crashes. Sometimes it starts up to the screen. If I get into the game.. I can do everything except for overdrive mode.

Im an internet tech. It has nothing to do with my network. If it were my network i wouldn't be able to play the local guest account, my wife's account, created a new account on my brothers phone, the local account on my mother's phone just fine..

It's literally just my account that's affected. 

If I queue into overdrive, it'll often freeze on the queue screen after a matchup has been found.

The bar then will increase to 100% loaded, then freeze again. The game will eventually get into the overdrive match with me typically 1 minute behind the opponent. My timer says three minutes left, but the game will end with around 1 minute left, it'll freeze and then the game will crash. 1 out of 20 times a queued match might act normal, but then after the match is finished, it'll freeze before showing the final score. 

Sometimes that freeze lasts for 30 seconds, sometimes up to 5 minutes, sometimes the game just crashes and I have to reload.

Again, these issues only occur when using.my cloud based account. 

The guest accounts on said devices perform fine.

Message 26 of 89 (543 Views)

★ Expert

Apparently it's a problem with our accounts. It just got worse.

Now overdrive matches are freezing before the game even starts. In the loading screen when it reaches 100% it just gets stuck.

When it finally goes to the game 20 to 30 seconds has already transpired in the game. Then at the end of the game my game freezes with 20 to 30 seconds left on the clock. 

The last match I just played my opponent was up 184 points before I even ran my first play. The screenshot shows the point where this match froze up on me. 

Screenshot_20190422-212636_Madden NFL.jpg
Message 27 of 89 (523 Views)

★ Expert

@thegatorfan122 wrote:

Apparently it's a problem with our accounts. It just got worse.

Now overdrive matches are freezing before the game even starts. In the loading screen when it reaches 100% it just gets stuck.

When it finally goes to the game 20 to 30 seconds has already transpired in the game. Then at the end of the game my game freezes with 20 to 30 seconds left on the clock. 

The last match I just played my opponent was up 184 points before I even ran my first play. The screenshot shows the point where this match froze up on me. 

Screenshot 

Screenshot_20190422-212636_Madden NFL.jpg
Message 28 of 89 (520 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry  see. Exactly the same.problem as me.

@thegatorfan122  what's your in game name?

Message 29 of 89 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

PapaGator

Message 30 of 89 (509 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More