Re: Overdrive!?!again

by siw0624

Original Post

Overdrive!?!again

★★★★★ Apprentice

Once again, rated 1200 points better and plus 5 on someone. Once again, 500 point lead with 1:30 left. Once again, last 1:30 can’t complete a pass and end up losing by 300. Some things never change, stupid. That’s why I hardly play this mode anymore. Why work to build a great team when they suck in any competitive mode?!?!

Message 1 of 10 (1,064 Views)

Community Manager

What pass plays were you using? Did they drop the ball or were the passes incomplete? It's really hard to figure out what was going on without any video or specific details (your items, their defense, etc). 

If anyone has any recommendations for what pass or run plays to use in under 1 minute that are really clutch, please share!

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,020 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It is a little bit of everything. I have had the issue many times. I am not someone who just throws deep every time. I have about 4-5 plays of each kind that work consistently. But when I am matched up as a +5 on someone, all of the sudden those plays that are consistently good turn into interceptions, drops or ridiculous defensive plays that have no business happening. It doesn’t always happen, but it is consistent enough that I have posted multiple times. A lot of them are frustrating because a wide open pass will literally bounce of wide receivers head. I get that when I am +5, it is programmed to make it more even so it is a better game, but it is the opposite. It needs my team so they get destroyed.

Message 3 of 10 (999 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Again, competitive game. I am down 150 or so points and then my 97 rated Drew Brees throws 5 INTERCEPTIONS in a freaking row to lose the game!?!?! What a joke. I threw three in the first minute. It just feels like the outcome is already made up before I start. I was also rated higher too, but obviously his defenders are that much better than my 97 QB, 101 WR and 98WR 🙄😳🙄... 🤦‍♂️ Completely makes Overdrive unenjoyable. I used to try and get half of fame each time. But now, I am in danger of breaking my phone or throwing it across the room in frustration every time I play. Not because I lose. I can handle that if it was against a deserving opponent. It’s because it randomly makes bad teams better than my team. No consistency, just frustration.

Message 4 of 10 (970 Views)

Community Manager

@siw0624 

We don't want the game to drive you into breaking your phone. I know that mode that be competitive and intense at times, but if it's resulting you in getting very frustrated I recommend trying out some other modes for a bit to take a break. It can really help tune up your game and get your mind off of those loses for a bit. When you go to throw the ball does it seem like the defenders are anticipating the pass and dart over really fast? It's hard to gauge from my end the timing of your passes since we don't have any video footage to go off of.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 10 (943 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I would never really break phone and I have been playing most of the other modes, building my team. I want to enjoy overdrive, but it is hard when the games feel like you know in the first minute whether you will win or lose. By that I mean you can tell by the amount of interceptions or drops in the first minute. My game plan largely stays the same, but I feel like sometimes the defenders cover ground too quickly, or sometimes make interceptions upside down on their back. Just feels cheep. And I don’t understand when I’m challenged and I complete, I get like 20 points, but if I fail they get like 150. Completely frustrating.

Message 6 of 10 (937 Views)

Community Manager

@siw0624 

If you don't receive a significant amount of points when you win it's likely you were the favorite going into the match. If a far lower ranked player than you receives a lot of points they were considered the underdog. It's more rewarding for them for them because they were projected to lose. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 10 (934 Views)

★★★ Pro
Wait what? Can you explain this last one to me @EA_Blueberry ... Y'all never cease to amaze me with this stuff.
Message 8 of 10 (884 Views)

★★★ Pro
@thegatorfan122 are you familiar with what boiblueberry is talking about in his last reply? Being an underdog gets you more points and having a better team being the favorite gets you less points? Have you even heard about this? I must've missed it.

Message 9 of 10 (881 Views)

★ Expert
He's talking about the DDA plain out like that? Holy cowabunga dude. I never thought I'd see the day.
Message 10 of 10 (874 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More