You won't be able to play Madden overdrive

by Humdinger504

Original Post

Need answers!!!

★★★ Apprentice

What version of Android will be compatible with overdrive? I am gonna ask this question every hour in a new post until you guys answer. 

Message 1 of 19 (1,572 Views)

Re: Need answers!!!

Community Manager

@whurledpeas4all Hello, we have some info on the updated minimum specs. 

"You’ll need a device with OGLES 3.0 and 1G RAM to play. That means it will have specs equivalent to the Samsung Galaxy S5 or newer for Google Play devices, or an iPhone 5s or newer for iOS devices. Upgrade your device to join us in the new season."

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 19 (1,489 Views)

★★★ Pro

So I won't be able to play since I have a s4? Is that what you're saying?

Message 3 of 19 (1,480 Views)

You won't be able to play Madden overdrive

★★★ Pro

If you have a galaxy s4 or iPhone s4 or older you will NOT be able to play Madden next season even if you've completed everything. If you can't afford to get a new phone, Madden is no longer for you sorry not so fortunate people. If it isn't one thing it's another.

Message 4 of 19 (1,474 Views)

Community Manager

@Humdinger504 I think this may depend on which S4 you use precisely. 

As far as I'm aware the following models use hardware which supports the OGLES 3.0 tech. 

GT-I9505
GT-I9506

GT-I9515

If you have one of these please try grabbing the update and let us know how you get on. I can't make any guarantees, but I hope this works for you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 19 (1,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does this game work on a moto Android?  Because my uniforms are black and the stadium is all black

Message 6 of 19 (1,358 Views)

Community Manager

@MRBUCCANEER3 Hi, what's the exact model of your phone? If you try turning down your graphics settings does that help? You can tap the menu button in the top left, then the settings icon, then Preferences > Quality. If you move the slider all the way to the left then check again, does this help?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 19 (1,340 Views)

★★★ Pro

I as able to download and play with my galaxy s4, but, I can see the fans or names on the jerseys. I wonder what else I'm missing out on. Is it just the graphics I'm taking a loss on or gameplay and experience as well?

Message 8 of 19 (1,270 Views)

★ Novice

I have LG K20 V .jerseys goalposts and fans and stadium are all black. In settings there is no quality setting to change

Message 9 of 19 (1,214 Views)

★★★ Novice

Someone is marking these threads as resolved and they are not. My device exceeds minimum requirements and all the other graphics are fine. I can see helmet colors and logos, lights in stadium seating area, end zone graphics are good, but the goal posts are black, the jerseys are black and the seating area is black. Meaning the goal posts are hard to see. This advice about changing the graphics settings, while well intentioned I'm sure, is garbage. Stop marking this as resolved so that someone can look into it. When you are playing on Android, there is no quality setting in preferences.p

Message 10 of 19 (1,148 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More