Re: NETWORK TIMEOUTS

by thalastg

Original Post

NETWORK TIMEOUTS

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Bowe @EA_Brenda @EA_Guy @EA_HLT @EA_Mai @EA_Zoe @EA_Eve @EA_Dave @EA_Deum @EA_Demz @EA_Mat @Straatford87 @EA_Mat 

just to show you guys the scale i'm talking about. it was 7(!) out of 8(!) yesterday, before my post in the other thread, of ntos in ranked hall of fame overdrive matchups. guys, 7/8. seven out of eight. we talking about 87% nto rate in ranked play from a perfect connection on my end, be it speed, ping, everything, before i just gave up. all, ALL other datarelated services work flawless from this device or other devices in my household.

thats from rank around 2 or 3 hundred to way way out the 1500 range. guys, thats not acceptable.

IMG_2426.jpg
Message 1 of 10 (1,846 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

(if there is any kind of problem with showing other ppls screenname, i remove the pic after someone with authority and responsibility tell me to do so, too lazy to blur things out for this kind of nonsense. thx)

Message 2 of 10 (1,802 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

your clown game disconnects heavyly in p2p modes, you do understand that right?

quite often, but not so heavy, in liveevent gameplay. i dont play season mode so i cant speak on that. funny thing is, actually its quite sad but also very revealing to be honest, that no one ever asked for my (or others with any issues) uid. never. not seen even once. so you are not even slightly interested to try to stabilize your game and not even try look into problems. the revealing part was when some of your reps said here, 'no spikes in reports shown'. lol, dude, bc the bulk of people dont care enough about your product to even write your supportdudes from india, no diss they are very friendly more often than not, and just instadeinstall it or let it sit and rarely to never open it again till they deinstall bc they aint opened it anyways no more. was there last year some spikes in reports? lol, you see? game was still doa, like many told you instantaneously

you dont learn, you dont listen & i promise you this game will be dead before even christmas hits - and i think im very very generous with december estimates lol. same success story like last year, right? go on being the joke of the town idc. thats your corporate identity - the joke of the town - till no one even care about you enough to even joke about you lol. good luck - rant over.

i wait till the next update - if there are no major major 180° performance improvements - vaya con dios, sayonara, alea iacta est & the final curtain drops.

my last post here anyways since here are never answers given - so whats the point of aswers hq if there are never answers - same braindead mentality - surprise surprise

Message 3 of 10 (1,768 Views)

Community Manager

@thalastg 

Hey there! 7/8 times would get me a little irritated too. I'd love to try and fix this for you if you're up for some quick steps while in the process we can gather information for the team.

If anyone is browsing this post as well and suffering severe network timeouts, please respond back with the following:

• Device type you're playing on and software version
  • Confirm you've tried reinstalling the game (If you synced up your game to Google/Facebook/Apple you can safely delete the app and reinstall it without losing progress) (Yes/No)
  • Which quality setting do you have it set to (under Settings>Preferences>Quality)
  • Confirm you've tried the mobile troubleshooting steps below (Yes/No)
  • Have you tried rebooting your network by unplugging the modem/router power for 5 minutes (Yes/No)
  • Which specific game modes is this happening in
  • What region in the world are you from
  • Have you tried switching to a different WiFi channel (5ghz/2.4ghz)
  • Do the network timeouts happen on WiFi/Mobile/Both
  • Do you have gaming mode enabled? (Android)
  • Does this happen when you have other apps closed and only Madden Mobile running?
  • Do the network timeouts happen when something specific happens that you can identify as a trend?
  • Does your phone have any anti-virus apps running checks in the background during specific times of the day that could be conflicting with the game?

iOS Mobile Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Android

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry  yes, ok, let us call it irritating lol - now i can live with that. at the moment i caught the streak, and i caught it twice, i am almost sure i would had chosen a different wording

• iphone 6 [11.4.1] / occasional tested on Iphone 8 [12.4] {it felt it nto'ed on both on the same rate}
  • yes
  • low
  • yes
  • yes (5 minutes? no! network techsupport told me while i was on the phone with them at other network occasions that 1minute is good to go. so i did that twice i think bc of mm20 but stopped doing it since every other devices ran smooth and modem reboot didnt seem to change anything im mm20 nto-wise)
  • overdrive absolutely the most. ranked more than unranked (but thats just a feeling since i barley played unranked). overdrive events in masterseries - not even close as many ntos (again just a feeling since i played not as much ms-overdrive compared to ranked od). i have to say there was ntos in ALL gamemodes (lvl, arena, liveevents, od, random auctionhouse nto,..)
  • austria/europe
  • no, modem runs permanent in dual band mode (5ghz/2.4ghz), and as far as i know it has different channels and auto-switches in the background to the least occupied band and channel but i am no professional it-person
  • both happend - but it seemed to happen more often on wifi
  • no since ios
  • i had never other apps running (even disabled app-auto-update to minimalize the most datastream-impact i could)
  • hard to say, so imo no definitive trend. the gamerelease was bad, then it felt it got a lil better nto-wise, and then it went completely bananas. in od it sometimes instakicked you out of the game to the startscreen with the nto pop up, sometimes the 'spinning football' showed ingame with a network related pop up like 3 times in a row and it almost never ever made it back to gameplay even if the insta relogin afterwards worked fine. so, next od match, next nto, login, next od match, next nto, login,..you catch my drift - irritating. but if i would have to bet on it and could choose only one event i would think i would pick right before animations happens after downs/td's. (there are many 'would' & 'could' + i dont bet, so..)
  • no

nice evening blueberry

edit: i had minimum, absolute minimum, 25 ntos in ranked od season 2 alone, thats to much to handle in a gamemode i dont even like and really think is flawed from ground up - conceptwise. but thats a complete other story and i dont want to derail this costructive approach this thread has taken. .....but still i had to say it.

i hope more will chime in.

gl guys

Message 5 of 10 (1,720 Views)

Community Manager

@thalastg wrote:

• no, modem runs permanent in dual band mode (5ghz/2.4ghz), and as far as i know it has different channels and auto-switches in the background to the least occupied band and channel but i am no professional it-person

@thalastg 

Is there a way you can disable the auto switch or remove one of the other channels from your device? Do you think there's a chance the network timeouts could be happening in the middle of the connection switching?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,714 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

so just for clarification of the matter and this particular modem:

• the modem has two bands (5ghz & 2.4ghz)
  • each band has different channels (16 different for 5ghz and 11 for 2.4ghz)
  • each band has also a 'channel-width' to choose (20/40/80mhz for the 5ghz and 20/40mhz for the 2.4ghz one) [the selectable channel-width for each band is available in: '20' , '20/40' , and additional '20/40/80' only for the 5ghz one

per default everything(!) is set to auto - bands, channel, channel-width. sidenote - to be able to select the channels, i would need to turn of an option called 'wifi-optimization' otherwise the channelsection is locked or greyed out and is not selectable.

seems like a hell of lot different combinations to try - this takes a lil time i dont have thru the week maybe i can give that at shot at weekends. i mean, a lil bit needs to be tested to rule out or minimize some randomness

@your question i mean, yeah, it can be, i aint an expert of this matter and i never had to deal with it before bc the connection is stable, fast and normally relatively reliable. + i have no clue how often the modem actually switches between some or the other parameters since i have no monitoring app or something like that.

if, how often or when the switching takes place in reality, i have really zero clue. i also have zero clue if potential band-switching, potential channel-switching or potential channel-width changes could cause it. but i do know that no other datarelated thing in my household seems that picky. from mulitcharting stockcharts up to tick timeframe to 4k streams to every other mobile app i could think of.

i can test - but this needs some time - and just thinking about it right now feels like working lol. i keep you posted

Message 7 of 10 (1,708 Views)

Community Manager

@thalastg 

Thanks for keeping us posted. I really don't want you to go way out of you way in making changes on the network side unless we're pretty sure that's the cause of it, it's just something that's not a great experience for our players to do to play our game.

I've seen some players for other games fix disconnections and latency issues by checking the router to see if there's a firmware update. Be sure to check that! Maybe that will help too. 

Network timeouts can happen from time to time, that's not abnormal....but if it's happening almost every game we're very much interested in what is the root cause of it. Do you get network timeouts like this if you connect to a different WiFi network and play, like at work? (you know, when on lunch. Wink )

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,682 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberryafter my spontaneous reply yesterday i was asking myself afterwards if i really want to spend that much time on that. i mean there are ±10k people employed at ea and for sure many with real and fundamental knowledge on such matter.

+ my wife said she want a 2020 bmw m1 in the color 'grigio medio' and a small flower bouquet if i do it for you guys. lol. i'm kidding now, but she seemed dead serious, atleast about the bmw. the demand of the small flower bouquet was halfhearted & looked like it could easily be within the range of negotiation lol

i have no influence on the firmware since this is all ota-pushed from the provider. the ping is under 10ms - like always and anytime of the day/night i looked it up. its a pretty big provider - imo they simply cant afford to drop the ball like that here in the capital city in an competitive enviroment as telecomunication services are. i'm sure you heard of them, they got a magenta colored T as their brand logo and have operating businesses worldwide.

yes, it do happen on other connections too. i thethered connections meanwhile regularly from my other phone. seemed to work better at first but still way more ntos than a reasonable person would call from time to time and happily accept. i even tried to rule out every single piece of my equipment once i got the opportunity. it ran better imo, but there was still a drop (or two if i remember correctly) in the relative short testing phase. imo this altogether indicates that the chances of beeing it my router-switching something are still there given the abnormal non-performance but maybe even more or less insignificant in the bigger picture.

i have way too less knowledge about this matter or server infrastructure, or stuff like that in general, to rule anything completely, definitively and confidently out so i need to follow every trace i can think of. lets see, i guess i'll try a few spins on weekends with locked bands and/or locked channels aso..

have a good day monsieur blueberry

Message 9 of 10 (1,677 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@thalastg Hi bye
Message 10 of 10 (493 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More