Re: Madden Overdrive won’t go past the loading screen.

by gjninja08

Original Post

Madden Overdrive won’t go past the loading screen.

★★ Novice

I have downloaded Madden Overdrive on my iPhone 7 and whenever I open the app it shows the loading screen and then an alert pops up saying that it found an unknown error and to try again later so I’ve tried again multiple times at various times in the day. I have also tried refreshing the app multiple times, re-downloading it and restarting my phone,But the game still won’t work. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know because I love this game and love to play it and it makes me frustrated that I can’t play it on my phone. 

P.S. I have talked to customer service about this and they said to post it on here.

AB781021-E927-4B1F-9AE8-CA4E8133286F.png
Message 1 of 10 (2,529 Views)

Community Manager

Have you ever been able to play on this device before? 

It sounds like you've tried it already, but if not, can you uninstall, shut down your phone fully, then restart and redownload and see if anything changes? Also can you ensure your phone is up to date?

Thank you.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (2,518 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

The app has never worked on my iPhone 

I tried what you said to do and it still doesn’t work

yes my phone is up to date with iOS 12.1.2

273C0970-DD19-444C-B4D5-099C145DE2A2.png
Message 3 of 10 (2,481 Views)

★★ Novice
What else can I try that will make it work?
Message 4 of 10 (2,443 Views)

Community Manager

If you check your phone storage are you low on space? Perhaps an update is needed that the game isn't taking?

If you go to the store page after the install is complete do you have an option to update?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 10 (2,398 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a lot of space on my phone and the game is up to date, I tried re downloading and checking the app in the App Store for updates but it didn’t say it needed one. You had said earlier in this post to try logging out of my account but I still don’t understand how I can do that if I can’t get past the loading screen?

Message 6 of 10 (2,312 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there anything else I can try?

Message 7 of 10 (2,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been battling this for at least a month and no one has got back to me.my madden overdrive hasn’t worked since I hit a 95 Overall because everytime I start the game up it goes to kicking off and stops loading and I restarted my phone, uninstalled it and reinstalled and that didn’t do anything I’m still stuck on the loading screen please help me EA

Message 8 of 10 (2,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And also I’m on Facebook and my account name is footballer305 please help me EA I really love this game and I don’t get to play it anymore Frown

Message 9 of 10 (2,079 Views)

Community Manager

@makai0388773 

Sorry to hear you've been battling this for a while. Are you able to load up the game if you go to your Facebook account and unlink it from Madden Overdrive? (Go to settings>Apps when you're on Facebook)

Once you load up the game, re-sync up the account. 

There are some steps below that are helpful, but if you're playing on an older device try turning down the graphics via the in-game settings>Preferences. That will help performance and avoid loading/crashes issues.

iOS Mobile Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Android

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 10 (2,048 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More