MM 22 Way Too Expensive & Demanding

by michaelkottler

Original Post

MM 22 Way Too Expensive & Demanding

★★★★★ Apprentice

As a long time Madden NFL Football fan and huge MM enthusiast who has spent about $300 each game year I've noticed that MM 22 is extremely pay-to-win oriented. This is a huge problem because most players including myself aren't wealthy and the requirements just to play or progress in events and programs are just way too high to the point of being ridiculous and a clear sign that MM has switched completely to a pay to win paradigm. 

I've already spent $60 so far which wasn't enough to even complete Journeys Genesis and several members of my league have already spent $300 so far this year just to unlock Trades, progress in Journeys, and build their OVRs up to around 120. $300 and the year just began. It strikes me as totally unfair.

Also, the lack of an auction house and the replacement of sets with Trades is a huge disappointment because it greatly limits player freedom not to mention the fun of using the AH to find the perfect player or sell unneeded players. It was bad enough that last year MM 21 made almost all program players unsellable and non-exchangeable plus greatly reducing the exchange value of even the highest OVR players. But to take the AH away entirely removes much of the fun, strategy and variety we're used to enjoying in MM.

And making every program one in which players are forced to level-up and/or increase player rank to participate and to progress is nothing but blatant greed on EA/Team MM's part. It's frustrating, annoying and deeply disappointing to say the least.

Other issues include the ambiguity regarding how to do needed things like unlock Trades. I somehow completed the first Kickstart Trades requirement but have no clue as to how to complete the other three including Coins and TP. 

And in playing Seasons I find two problems: one is that you have to play 32 games in the first mode to unlock the next Seasons mode as opposed to in the past when all Seasons modes were immediately accessible. The 2nd problem is that during Seasons matches when a player comes up for grabs we are no longer able to check our lineup to compare the player being offered against preexisting players. That is so unfair and uncool it's ridiculous. Why would MM implement such a counter-productive paradigm? We should be able to review our lineup before making a decision regarding Season players who come up to buy or as part of a trade. Please team MM, restore our ability to review our existing lineup before deciding on a free agent purchase or a trade!

Things like Boosts, the AH, and reasonable programs allowed for much greater variety, strategy, a way to earn players without having to spend tons of real money and most of all made MM a lot of fun. 

In short, MM 22 is a slap in the face to loyal MM supporters for all the reasons detailed above plus others I've not mentioned. The bottom line is that MM 22 is far too demanding in terms of being able to progress in programs like Journeys, has replaced the AH with far more limited player acquisition methods and has replaced sets with Trades and most of all forces players to spend at least ten times more money than in prior years in order to stay competitive and it's both unjust and greedy in addition to taking much of the fun out of the game. I know I'm not the only player who feels like MM 22 is now a greatly limited pay-to-win app so I'm requesting on behalf of all players that MM return the AH, decrease or remove the ridiculously high requirements to progress through programs, increase the rewards for Daily Goals, return Boosts along with extra ways to earn Gridiron points and most of all change MM 22 from an app of endless gatchas to a game where players, even FTP players, have a fair chance to build competitive teams without having to spend $50 a week (or more) which based on what I've observed so far appears to be the minimum amount players have to pay in order to progress.

As things stand, MM 22 is a hot, fussy, demanding and blatantly greedy app that has taken a lot of the strategy, variety and fun out of the game (not to mention making the music even worse than last year, something I didn't think was possible - there's nothing wrong with rap/hip-hop but would it kill you to add other genres of music including rousing classical, hard rock and even NFL-themed music?) and is in desperate need of positive changes to remedy the, again, blatant greed, lack of variety and lack of more strategy options including returning boosts and certain key plays removed from, for example, the Vertical scheme which have made it far less about long passing and more geared towards rushing and short to medium passing.

In short, MM 22 is vastly inferior to prior versions of MM with the most salient issues being the way-too-demanding program requirements, the lack of player variety (in part due to the AH being gone), and the blatant greed displayed by EA in forcing players to spend at least ten times more money this year just to be able to progress and stay competitive. MM 22's pay-to-win paradigm is a huge negative and, along with the other problems I've detailed, takes a lot of fun out of the game replacing enjoyment with frustration and sadness that EA has chosen the greed route with MM 22. I hope that someone reads this and passes my feedback along to someone in charge resulting in positive changes because as of my posting this, MM 22 is a deeply flawed financial vampire app and I firmly believe that we the players deserve much better.

Sincerely - Michael 

Message 1 of 14 (1,712 Views)

Re: MM 22 Way Too Expensive & Demanding

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@michaelkottler   Honest feedback, my man ... take a look at who writes or responds to these posts.  You're 'talking" to about two dozen people that use this forum with regularity.  Otherwise, people come here when Customer Service tells them to and they never come back.  My recommendation is you address a well-written compilation of your documented issues and get it to Rachel Hoagland, VP of Gaming and Partnerships at the NFL.  They've invested in and partnered with a company called Skillz to develop something better.  If she hears from enough of us, perhaps things will improve from the outside in.  Were you around when lawsuits and complaints to Apple resulted in Loot Boxes information now being required to be published by EA?  Users were so incensed that they petitioned so many entities that the pressure forced EA to comply with Apple's requirement to publish Loot Box information for us to see what odds are for pulls on purchased content.

When enough of us think things through clearly and actually follow through, the game can be improved.  But seriously, start chat groups in Apps with your League outside of this App so you can connect in real life and get some documentation to Ms Hoagland.  In my opinion that's the only way this gets addressed.

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/NFL-and-Skillz-Launch-Game-Developer-Challenge,-Submission-Perio...

Message 2 of 14 (1,669 Views)

Champion
@michaelkottler How bout near a $1,000 spent now???

I have a League member who has spent ridiculous $$ money and is at 6,105 now and I’ve dropped a few coins too more than you, but not like him!

But hey, we love the big spenders cause we get major league coins when he does and I’m already buying Elites now in the League Store!!!
Message 3 of 14 (1,657 Views)

Champion
@itsmraj2u My point has always been we shouldn’t have to go outside the actual game for answers! EA can easily add (i) information in-game to address strategy and rules way more than they do and no one from my League does except me! I do because I’m the Commish and want to help members out.
When Hawskee left I knew things were bad and EA should have hired him because he was a great advocate for players!
Message 4 of 14 (1,654 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Itsmraj2u,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post with salient data that seems logical and result-oriented. You almost seem to be apologizing for or at least pointing out that you are being critical re: wasting my effort in posting here, but had I not done so I would not have read your interesting, informative and ultimately very important reply. 

I'll use the information you've provided to move forward in what will hopefully prove to be a more goal-driven direction as for the last three years both Answers and EA Help (not to mention Reddit and various other MM forums) have been nothing but a circular pass-the-buck construct and I'm certain that the strategy you've suggested here will be prove far more useful at effecting positive change. At the very least I'll be able to present these issues to someone on the inside of an organization who seems to be in a position to pass along customer satisfaction issues to the powers that be. 

I'm in absolute agreement with your thesis regarding we the players/supporters acting thoughtfully and with unity to effect positive if not, dare I imagine it, just outcomes. Again, the information you've provided and advise you've dispensed here is welcome, important and greatly appreciated. 

Thanks Again - Michael 

Message 5 of 14 (1,626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@michaelkottlerNever wanted to be dismissive, but the reality is, we’ve rarely seen successful outcomes from these forums. More often than not, they’ll remove a feature (like the 2pt Fullback Dive they nixed yesterday) and not address the issue. I was surprised to see that playaction plays were again disabled for flipping this season, with new play designs they didn’t actually know were going to be ‘broken’ or not.

In the end, the pressure or directives have to come from outside. Due to licensing, this is the only real option for mobile NFL content currently and so we have to operate within its limitations. If you move towards contacting Ms Hoagland, lemme know, I’ll jump on that train. I would love to connect with my hometown team’s (Browns) NFLPA President JC Tretter on this as well. He’s heard plenty from players on the Madden frustration aspect of this.

Again, not trying to dissuade you from posting or griping, but simply trying to put the pieces together for what I believe is the only path left to shake this tree and hopefully get results.

Skillz is real, the NFL invested in them and has a developmental path set with them. One can only hope it unseats the current option that is rife with simple errors, glitches, disparities and so much more that doesn’t make sense from a business perspective, let alone an actual NFL Rules perspective.

Message 6 of 14 (1,613 Views)

★ Guide
@itsmraj2u I think they targeted that play for algorithm player... trying to see who adapts and how quickly... but I'm just a crappy average joe player... who learned my physical things...
Message 7 of 14 (1,587 Views)

★ Guide

Well written!

Great thorough criticism! Great thorough response! An actual grown-up conversation.

Crickets from EA!

Seems like the bottom line here is any five year old with daddy‘s credit card can dominate. No skill required.

Sad!

Message 8 of 14 (1,553 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@itsmraj2u Thanks again for the very salient information you provided. Based on both past gaming-related news and my prior experience here/with EA Help I have to agree with your thesis entirely: only outside pressure will effect any positive change. You did us all a solid by including both the name and link to Rachel Hoagland, VP of Gaming and Partnerships at the NFL. Of all the replies to posts here, yours is by far the most candid, frank, realistic, wise and helpful. Instead of just referring me back to EA Help or suggesting I post on Reddit et al, you've cut right to the heart of the matter in a mature and logical manner and I'm both appreciative and impressed. So again, thank you, itsmraj2u! I've been working on a more concise but more detailed and inclusive draft to submit to Rachel Hoagland and expect to have it wrapped up and sent tonight. Thanks again!
Message 9 of 14 (1,537 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RunTMC666 Agreed.
Message 10 of 14 (1,536 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More

Are you missing in-game items? We can help.

Contact EA Help

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help