Re: Google Login Failed: device is already linked to this madden account

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

It still doesn't work! Still getting an error that this device is already linked to the Google account. If it is...then log me in! Again I tried to clear the cache/data, then uninstall, then close all apps and shutdown, then power up again, install...same issue. Disappointed

Message 11 of 25 (660 Views)

Community Manager

@facemask74 

Thanks for giving us a heads up. Let's try a couple things to see if we can get you past this error:

1. If you linked up to your account to Facebook, go to the Facebook app and under Settings>Apps, remove Madden Mobile. Launch the game. If you're able to get in, go to the in-game settings and link Facebook back up to that specific device.
  2. Try logging into a different Google play account, launch Madden Mobile, close down the game once it gets you into the game, then sign back into your original Google Play account.

Let me know if that helps. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 25 (653 Views)

★★★★ Novice

not facebook, a google account. thanks for reply, will give it a shot first chance i can!

Message 13 of 25 (644 Views)

Community Manager

@facemask74 

Did you get in the game?

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 25 (613 Views)

★★★★ Novice

it didn't work Frown

i signed into Google Play with account "B".

i started madden, selected google login, choose account "B"

got the same message:

Sorry...

Login Failed

Your device is already linked to this Madden account.

[ OK ]

Message 15 of 25 (603 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@facemask74 

We'll want to make sure we have the team pull up your account to give this a closer look. I'm sorry to hear this is still affecting some users and it's important we have the information for the team to be aware of.

Please submit a case at our Help site via the link below so our EA Advisors can help get you back onto the field.

Click here to contact an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 25 (585 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Done. Thanks.

Message 17 of 25 (577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am so screwed. I opened an EA Help ticket and explained the login error and the steps I've already tried to work through this and this is the response I get from the EA Advisor:

"Frank, having reviewed your email, I came to know that you are concerned regarding season reset of Madden NFL Mobile game."

They think I just don't know how the game works and that I am using an old version and expecting last years progress to carry over. Raised eyebrow

They are clueless.

Message 18 of 25 (570 Views)

Community Manager

@facemask74 

Please contact our Live-Support again and private message me the case number so we can send that over to our Quality Assurance team for training purposes.

Blueberry.png
Message 19 of 25 (563 Views)

Community Manager

@facemask74 

Were you able to get into the game? We had another player experience this but once they signed out of their Apple account and tried logging back into the game using GameCenter it was fixed (Didn't work the first time, but was successful the 2nd attempt). Curious if that will help you out on an Android device. 

Blueberry.png
Message 20 of 25 (533 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More