Re: EA taking the fun out of the game

by RunTMC666

Original Post

League vs. League Suggestions/Ideas

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This starting every LVL tourney at the same time everyday has taken strategy away by ending the tourney everyday in the morning. it’s like you’re rewarding the unemployed.

It would be nice if we had an option on spinning in the evening. This would definitely make the game more fun and not sure why you changed it to this.

it’s just one more step in EA ruining the game. Every year you seem to take away the fun. Not sure why you would mess with something that works, but season after season this seems to be the case. The best parts of the game get ruined while you add stuff no one cares about like overdrive, the yard etc. 

The reason everybody plays this game is for the league versus league tournaments. By constantly changing it and making it worse it Makes no sense to me.

I am not one who gets on here and complains about things all the time. I am just echoing the sentiment of many players that I converse with. We know you can do better. You have in the past.

EA_Blueberry: Changed post title to match post request

Message 1 of 12 (691 Views)

Community Manager

@RunTMC666 

What ideas do you have to make the League vs. League mode even better?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 12 (662 Views)

★★★ Novice

Make the match making fairer.  My league is ranked 360 but lately 50% of our matches are v top 100.  We rarely are matched against leagues ranked between 150 and 400.

We haven't lost to a team ranked 138 or worse in at least 6 weeks but our rank never changes.  Stuck between 350 and 370.

Message 3 of 12 (656 Views)

Community Manager

Do you think there would be any matchmaking wait time concerns if it attempted to match you with teams close to your rating if there aren't any available looking for a game? Or the possibility you're seeing the same leagues throughout the year because you all fall within a specific range. 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 12 (648 Views)

★★★ Novice

Why are you asking me?  You should know the answer or be able to find out why.  How is it we never play between 150 and 400 rank?  All these teams must be spinning for 12 noon every day.

Have competitive tiers and award more points to team that defeat a higher rank.  I'd rather wait an hour than lose by 200 pts every other day.  How is that fun?

Message 5 of 12 (639 Views)

★★★ Novice

And we just spun 21 rank by the way.  Fix the match making, it is broken!!!!!

Message 6 of 12 (636 Views)

Community Manager

@sshughes2 

I like your idea of tiers. They can mimic divisions like in the NFL. I'll pass along the feedback for you. I'm not a developer, but a Forum Community Manager responsible of relaying the feedback/discussions taking place in these forums and report issues to the team. I can't guarantee any fix is going to happen in any immediate future, but if I hear about any changes we'll let you know here.

These forums are a great place to discuss ideas and overall thoughts on current feature. It's good to know what's going on through everyone's minds when they jump into our game, this forum is one piece of that puzzle. Thanks for sharing and we're always looking forward to others to chime in with their thoughts. The more feedback we get the better. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 12 (632 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, thanks.  Our league likes to play LVL but it needs to be more competitive.  We are quickly losing interest in the game though.

Message 8 of 12 (630 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for your quick response @EA_Blueberry 

I do have some good ideas for how to make it more enjoyable in league versus league mode.

1. allow for an evening spin. Maybe midnight? I’ve played this game for years and the majority of strategy that gets deployed in a close match with another league happens within the last 30 minutes. This is not possible with the tournaments ending in the morning every day as leagues like the one I am in are made up of dedicated players that also have jobs. For years I have started my tournament in the evening so that we can all be present in that last 30 minutes.

2. Maybe have two separate LVL tourneys. One for leagues ranked 200 and up. And one for leagues ranked 200 and below. This would solve a lot of the matchup issues where these top 100 leagues bully their way through lesser leagues. It seems like they get a free pass to beat down lesser leagues and keep their status. They get arrogant and trash talk. They should have to battle each other regularly. Rather than get this free pass to bully lesser leagues. This might actually humble them and teach them a little bit about sportsmanship.

I appreciate you asking my opinion. I know probably nothing Will get done, but I appreciate you allowing me to vent and speak my voice.

Message 9 of 12 (614 Views)

★ Guide

Matchmaking wait time concerns have been part of the game for years. We have learned how to work around that. Also matching the same league over and over again and has been some thing we have learned to deal with too. 

I do believe that these concerns are a lot less important than the way it is currently set up. Right now we are unable to employ strategy that wins close ones because not many can be present in the final 30 minutes. So this is creating many losses in my league and poor morale. 

We have a good group of dedicated guys in my league that have played this game for years. We all feel that these new changes have been a big blow in taking the fun out of the game. Nobody likes to lose. Especially when you can’t employ your best strategies to fight back.

Message 10 of 12 (612 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More