Re: League Members not playing

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Champion

Thanks!
Yeah, I’ve been playing since the beginning and the Commish for 5 of those years. I’ve done everything you’re doing and have 4-5 who’ve been with me from the start!
We get many “revolving door” players that don’t stay long and we’re currently down to 9.
If I decide to give my League up, I’ll def be looking for another one! I’m a daily grinder and spend plenty of $$ and currently 88-87 @ 2800 Power. We would be ranked under 1,000 but our draws are terrible! Once we get close to breaking 1,000 we draw 637, 196, 38 and 36 ranked Leagues and the last two were the same and we helped boost them to 36!!!
The draws are NOT equitable and EA needs better algorithms to make our draws more equally ranked!!!
Love the game and just wish more would with me!!
My League is Gator Nation and I’m Gatorplaya.
Thanks for the invite!

Message 11 of 22 (488 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@lkbroach League vs league is trial and error pretty much untill you find decent commited players. Only allow higher overall users to join. Keep them benched untill they specify they'll be active. My league is currently ranked 240 something. Took some time but we have a decent core. Keep in mind the seasons just beginning sorta. You have time to get all the achievements. I've always thought its better to have 7 or 8 people who never miss drives then have a full league and half of them not play.
Message 12 of 22 (479 Views)

★ Guide

I have found over the years of running multiple leagues that having a third party chat as a requirement helps. We use Telegram. It is easy to install and is user friendly.

Requiring players to use it not only shows you how serious they are, but if you do need to hold someone accountable you can do it without calling them out in front of everybody else.

The in game chat does not have direct messaging and can be troublesome if you are trying to be strict with your rules. Hopefully this helps you.

Message 13 of 22 (462 Views)

★ Guide

You and your core group are also welcome to join us. We have a group of guys that have been playing a long time together. (Currently 15 teams) We are pretty laid-back. But it’s important that we all play our drives every day. 

our league name is Demonic Blitz. We finished the last couple seasons 150ish. Currently ranked 293. 

hit me up on telegram @ Dubnation156 If you want to chat about it.

Message 14 of 22 (461 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Panther90927 very similar over at "Dedicated". Serious players always welcome. Be sure to post league rules and pin them, that way new players know what they are getting into and sometimes you have to just move on from someone. We have about 15 players that carried over from last year and several from many years before and about 10 new players who have been really consistent this year. The last 5-7 spots have seen a quite a bit of turnover but that's the way it goes.
Message 15 of 22 (412 Views)

Community Manager

@lkbroach 

Stickied this up at the top of the boards to see if it helps others out that are looking for leagues. I came back from a weeks vacation and forgot to throw up the post. 

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 22 (398 Views)

Champion

No problem and appreciate you!

Message 17 of 22 (384 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Anyway to get EA to think about giving us commissioners "Game Balls" to give away to our League Members that performed well?  IDK like extra league points, stamina, or anything of significance to make it worth someone's while to actually play their downs?

For example, someone that wins the game in a clutch.  We just had one League member do it.  Last player to go, He scored enough points in a clutch and we won by two points.  Another one we lost by two points (Madden was crashing, caused us to lose a lot of drives we were in the middle of that opponent was ranked higher than us too and we were beating them.)

Maybe one League Member gets a fumble recovery and scores or interception and scores 6 on defense.

IDK, would make it more appealing.  Same thing goes for the intraleague tournaments, they can get rather repetitive with only league tokens as a reward.

JUST SAYING!!!!!

Message 18 of 22 (380 Views)

Community Manager
@ATLBaller32 I'm totally down for that, even if the commissioner can't hand out the ball it would be cool to see a league member highlighted as an MVP for league match.

I don't think it would hurt to throw in a little extra incentive to play your matches. To avoid the best player in your league continually getting the game ball, I'd say a system where it randomizes the top 5 best players for that league match would make it more interesting. Thoughts?
Blueberry.png
Message 19 of 22 (364 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I like the MVP highlight.  Everyone wants recognition at some point; it gives them a reason to strive for being the best.  They could have game highlights too; where they recap the top five play/playmakers.  It is one thing to read the film, but to see it and experience what they did on that play would be awesome!  I have had a few times where I thought Vick or Jackson were going to be sacked, somehow they got out of several tackles only to be able to throw the ball downfield and score or get the first down.  The only thing you would read currently is Vick for 35 yard TD or Jackson 17 yards first down!  Not as exciting as watching those to escape like Houdini only to make a play!

Message 20 of 22 (362 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More