Re: Gifting Packs

by lkbroach

Original Post

Gifting Packs

★ Guide

What happened to be able to Gift pro packs and other packs to friends?  EA should bring that back and also implement some sort of league trading block, where you can trade guys of similar overall with a league mate.

Message 1 of 10 (2,815 Views)
Highlighted

Champion
@jags27forever And not spend $$$$$??? It would be nice!
Message 2 of 10 (2,773 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I used to send pro packs to fellow league mates as a contest reward for league fun....now that's gone. Last season we had the league bank...now that's gone. What the heck EA?

Message 3 of 10 (2,682 Views)

Community Manager

@jags27forever 

Great topic, curious how others feel about about this. Always been a fan of guild banks and we're always open to thoughts from the community on how to improve both individual and league rewards.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 10 (2,665 Views)

★ Expert
@EA_Blueberry I would love to see pack gifting come back. I don't know why they stopped it. We used to use it as championship rewards and highest lvl score rewards etc... It was a good dynamic to league play.

Also, you know good and well everyone wants to see some sort of player trade system for leagues. We've been asking for that for years.
Message 5 of 10 (2,648 Views)

★ Guide

I have a lot to touch on here. 

Trading players

We definitely should be able to trade guys of similar overall value with league mates. For example, if I pulled an 87 overall Limited player, Mike Vick who is a spread scheme and I use a smashmouth scheme, then I should be able to trade it with a league mate for the 87 overall Limited Bo Jackson.  

Gifting Packs

Gifting packs was great.  I would gift to league mates that were participating regularly to entice them to continue.  This really needs to come back

Stamina

Stamina refill is an issue too.  What happened to being able to pay 100 or 200 Madden cash and getting your whole stamina meter filled up?  Now you only get 200 stamina and the price is tiered and keeps going up.  My meter is 785 stamina and if I want to fill it it costs me 1200 gems (200-200-400-400) or 600 madden cash (100-100-200-200).  That's a little steep.  200 stamina is nothing.  Some events cost 200 stamina alone.   The price should be static.  400 gems or 200 madden cash or 50,000 coins gets you a filled up meter no matter how big your stamina meter is.  Award the people who play and use the front office to build their meter.  We also used to be able to pay 200 madden cash for the ability for stamina refill 20% quicker for a week or two weeks.  That's gone now too.

Coins

Why can't you buy stamina with coins as well?  I understand that EA wanted to crack down on people buying coins, but now they've gone too far the other way too.  Coins are becoming more and more useless.  We used to be able to buy packs with coins, but now it's only a stripped down version of the pack.  I have 4M coins and the only thing they're really good for is buying a player off the auction house which is clearly broken.  I search all of the time for cheap players and see nothing, yet people post guys for 100 coins and they don't sell.  Makes no sense.

Arena

Can you guys put in tiers (even if they're every 250 or 500 or even 1000 points) that are above hall of fame or even overall ranking awards like in overdrive, so that once you make the hall of fame (which is pretty much Monday night, the day it's released) you have other rewards that can be earned and it entices you to keep playing.  At the very least, make the arena season only 1 week long.  I finished this week's Arena on Monday night and now have to wait 2 weeks to play it again. 

I apologize if this sounds like a rant.  I love the game, but fell like EA keeps taking away the things that people love about the game and replacing them with things we don't.

@EA_Blueberry 

Message 6 of 10 (2,616 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jags27forever I’m with you on the stamina refill

I think to help not let the trading get out of control, that could create too much imbalance amongst leagues, are some limits to how many trades you can make maybe per week per team? Otherwise free trading would completely crash the AH economy, as controlled as that is.
Message 7 of 10 (2,519 Views)

★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Lets be realistic EA will NEVER allow player trading, gifting will be limited to Propacks and they are worthless now. Any step towards being friendly to everyday players would be nice though. Especially if the favouritism in LvL would go away. Seems teams that are already on top get boosted too. Sad really.
Message 8 of 10 (2,454 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I think they should put it back in.  It would be cool to do so.

Message 9 of 10 (1,700 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@jags27forever   I agree!

Message 10 of 10 (1,699 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More