Re: Getting booted during LvL and losing drives

by leftyanasazi

Original Post

Getting booted during LvL and losing drives

★★★★ Apprentice

Our league had 1 member get booted from the app yesterday during an LvL and couldn't play the drive when he got back in.  Today another teammate had the same situation and lost a drive.  Now I just played mine and got booted at the start of the 3rd.  Now it says all of my drives are complete.  What's the situation here?  We're trying to move up from the 198 spot and now our opponent has 2 free drives against us because of an app glitch.  Is there any info on this?  I've been getting booted from the game at least 5 times a day.  There's no reason for us to play LvL if it's not going to at least let us resume the play when we had no control over it.

Message 1 of 6 (391 Views)

Champion
@MoodyBlues528 I am sorry about that. I know how frustrating it is to lose drives for reasons that you can't control, especially for a high rated league. The app has crashed/booted me a few times recently as well. I guess that I've just been lucky that it hasn't occurred during LvL. I don't know if this is a more widespread known issue though, hopefully one of the CMs can shed some light on that.

In terms of continuing your drive, I think the main issue is that it's hard to differentiate between the app crashing/booting and force closing on their end. At least that was an issue of contention in past seasons, especially 3-4 seasons ago when force closing was still possible.

“I don’t care if a dude is purple with green breath as long as he can swing.”

Black-Champions-Logo

Message 2 of 6 (373 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have had the same problem all season. At least one of my lvl drives crashes it’s cost my league games before. I can almost never play arena or overdrive. Is anyone ever going to help me with this. I’ve been trying since the first week.

Message 3 of 6 (358 Views)

Champion
@leftyanasazi Dang, I’m sorry. Frown Have you filled out a support ticket about this issue? And if so what was their response?

For me crashes usually happen during The Yard or Master Series events.

“I don’t care if a dude is purple with green breath as long as he can swing.”

Black-Champions-Logo

Message 4 of 6 (346 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@FDWB It's frustrating for sure.  It's strange to me that it's been happening like this in LvL mostly.  I've gotten booted quite a few time.  Actually happens around 4 times a day currently but I've always been able to resume where I left off on any of the events.  I wouldn't mind it as much if we could at least do that.  I realize that there are always issues of some sort with a game this size but in this case those issues are starting to affect the outcomes of things teams are working really hard for.  And it doesn't just affect the one player.  It's demoralizing to the whole league.

I just wish there would at least be some feedback on this since it seems to be widespread and I'm seeing a lot of IOS players that it seems to affect.

Message 5 of 6 (339 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, all.

When you're getting booted from games what message are you getting?

We'll raise these concerns up to the team, but we'll need some basic info below just to make sure we've covered all the basics.

• Device type
  • Error message you're getting
  • Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps below (Yes/No)

Android Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

iOS Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 6 (333 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More